Cost of Granite in Gardenia Kitchen?

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Default Cost of Granite in Gardenia Kitchen?

Has anyone had there Gardenia kitchen counters and backsplashes updated to granite or silestone and approximately what was the cost? Was the plumbing work and fixtures for the sink included?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

We don't have a gardenia, but recently had granite installed in our kitchen and two baths.
The price point depends on the granite you select, and how much is needed. The more "movement' in the pattern of the granite, the higher the grade, or the more exotic the origin, the higher the price. When we selected ours from the granite yard, there were 6 grade levels to choose from.

Exquisite Granite Designs (786-298-1320) did ours and included the sinks (of our choice) in the price.

We chose to buy faucets on our own and they provided a plumber the day
of completion to install them. We paid him separately.

Note: Some granite types grow and are harvested in wider slabs than others.
Tony (owner of the company) educated us well, so we were able to purchase two slabs, with enough left over to do both baths. That also allowed for only one seam in the entire installation.
FABULOUS!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Sage

Good info above. We visited six yards; Exquisite was not one of them, and the most competitive pricing I found was Granite Solutions...near Walmart in Leesburg. I got their name from a home owner who was redoing their premier home and the quality was excellent. We had them do the kitchen, different granite in baths, and later on the summer kitchen. Very happy. 352 728 4400 ask for Joel. Or just google and go there.
They also supplied the plumber who we paid separately. We could have gotten our own but chose to use theirs to make sure the entire job was seamless. Also, we paid extra for an upgraded sink I think. But it was really not very much. We also provided our own faucets...they do not.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We have an expanded Gardenia with a larger kitchen with an island. We used Duncan Stone in Taveras and Ty Duncan did an outstanding job. We used two slabs and that completed the kitchen and both bathrooms plus all back splashes with a expensive edge cut. Only one seam in entire home. I would highly recommend them. PM me and I will send pictures or even show you if interested. They were the most competitive for the granite we wanted.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If you want to price shop. Ubatuba is the name of one of the lower priced granites and black galaxy is the name of one of the higher priced granites.

My advice is to stay away from dark, dark, colors. They show water spots and hand prints and have to be wiped off a lot.

We use a cutting board, so food contamination is not an issue and we had granite in Ohio and found it durable and not needing resurfacing in ten years anyway.

Cleaning it is best done with a hot soapy water and a wet rag, followed by drying it with a CLEAN dry rag.

Betty Crocker. At your service. Or Martha Stewart.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage

Still no prices though - we understand it depends on the grade of granite, but how about a ball park figure.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Sage

I have seen granite that sells for $35 a sq foot and I have seen some unbelievable granite that sells for $185 a sq foot. It appears you do not want to spend too much on this so you should be looking in the $45 or $55 per sq foot category of which there are many nice ones - they are just more common and there is much more supply. You have your sq footage so multiply it out to get a ball park figure. Or just call one of the companies that have been suggested and ask them.

And Gracie' right: Black is a difficult one to keep "spotless"
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage

Pricing for granite is a challenge and why you have to decide on the granite and then shop. Just the different edges can run from $0.00 to $12 an inch. The one I chose was $7 an inch and I had 570 inches. They discounted that because of the number of inches to about half that, but that still added $1500 to my cost.

Someone may pick the exact same granite with just a half bullnose which is usually the free one and have a completely different price. Then think someone else is expensive. Mine was just over $6000 for everything. That was granite sink, new faucets, higher end granite, two slabs so only one seam, larger kitchen and 2 baths with the edge below. So unless you know exactly what you want, total square footage, exact granite slabs, edges, sink type and mounting, faucets, and installation, you are guessing at best as to the best price.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Sage

Another couple views of edge that drove up my cost. Only you can decide if it's worth it for you.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Duncan Stone did a great job for us, the price was $7500 for the kitchen, two baths and with new sinks. We could of saved $1000 to $1500 if we would of selected a level 1 granite. We went to Mystic Granite & Marble in Orlando to select our granite, they have a indoor warehouse of every price range. Select a Contractor and find out what Granite Yards they work with and make your selection. Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Thanks 12ridehd & tag460- finally I got the answers I was looking for. Its actually cheaper than I expected, especially considering that you did the baths too. 12ridehd who did you use for your work? Thanks for the pics- it looks great!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage

Duncan Stone in Tavares. Ty Duncan is the owner and who I worked with. Do a search on his name on here and you will see many recommendations for him.

He is also a TOTV sponsor

http://www.duncanstoneinc.com/

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.