Anyone Getting Cable

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I assume you are in an area that doesn't have fiber optics to the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Tried to switch to CenturyLink for internet. They insisted that 25 mbps was available to our address. Last week a CenturyLink technician came out ahead of installation to be sure there weren't any problems getting the 25 mbps speed. After much testing it turned out that only 10 mbps is available, so we cancelled the order and are stuck with Comcast for the time being.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You mentioned 4 choices south of 466A. Brighthouse, Century Link, Comcast are three---who is the fourth? Thanks
Direct TV....Satellite

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
and am now interested in Brighthouse...but...please explain:a)a few examples of bad customer service b)how you can rate Brighthouse so highly after only a bit over a month as most $$$'s happen only after 6mos. or so...

No I don't work for or represent Brighthouse, but I hesitate to switch based on loosely written negative remarks and glowing reviews for such a short period. My interactions with Comcast haven't been negative like yours...just very frustrating...
Have had Brighthouse for 13 months, no $$$ have happened.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We don't "all get" bad service. Also, not sure you should call Brighthouse if you are satisfied with your antenna. There are 4 choices south of 466A and as a free market guy, don't need government making my choices for me. When the phone company was regulated services and prices were dictated, when they were deregulated prices fell and technology advanced. So the government raised taxes and added fees because the lower prices reduced their take. Regulation helps nobody.
I also am happy with Comcast's service since I called the retention dept and bargained for a better price. Service has never been an issue and I've had them 8 years. Haven't had them out to repair it in all that time either. The few times I've had to deal with customer service it's not been that great, but they did eventually get me to the correct dept and it was fine. We do not have the choice of Brighthouse here in Hadley. If their price was better I would have given them a try.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

All of these companies (Comcast.Century Link, Brighthouse, Direct TV, Dish) have deals upfront, usually one year, and then go up substantially, thereafter. Another "hook" on price is their vacation policy. Price will go up following putting your service on vacation. Customer Service is poor, at best, with any of these companies. That's reality IMHO.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I can only go by my experience and CenturyLink tech support has been very good. I would go as far to say that I spoke to a couple of guys who were downright excellent. I do speak the language so I find it easy to work with tech support people. I had a couple of issues at first and we got to the bottom of it and it has been reliable since. However, your perception is your reality. Regarding the first year deals, call them up and ask for a continuation of the first year deal - I have done that. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
All of these companies (Comcast.Century Link, Brighthouse, Direct TV, Dish) have deals upfront, usually one year, and then go up substantially, thereafter. Another "hook" on price is their vacation policy. Price will go up following putting your service on vacation. Customer Service is poor, at best, with any of these companies. That's reality IMHO.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I assume you are in an area that doesn't have fiber optics to the house?
That's correct.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

OK, that is too bad. You may wish to reconsider after they run the fiber optic cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
That's correct.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, customer, brighthouse, lysander, switch, horrible, number, month, offered, experience, signing, free, great, game, personal, gave, problems, a040a040, 352-414-6756, calling, recommend, pricing, tired, providers, contacted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.