Anyone Getting Cable

Old 08-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Default Anyone Getting Cable

I just got my brighthouse installed. I live south of CR466A in the village of Sanibel. I have lived here for about 3 years. I have had Centurylink and Comcast in the past. I have never had such horrible customer service in my life. I decided to switch to Brighthouse. After looking on here I saw that the local rep was Lysander. I contacted him and my switch could not have been any easier. I have had service for over a month now. As a new customer he also offered me a free month for signing up. I have had nothing but a great experience with Brighthouse. If were like me and are tired of the horrible customer service and pricing game that you get from the other providers I recommend calling Lysander for new service. He even gave me his personal number if I have any problems, which I have not. His number is 352-414-6756.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired75 View Post
I just got my brighthouse installed. I live south of CR466A in the village of Sanibel. I have lived here for about 3 years. I have had Centurylink and Comcast in the past. I have never had such horrible customer service in my life. I decided to switch to Brighthouse. After looking on here I saw that the local rep was Lysander. I contacted him and my switch could not have been any easier. I have had service for over a month now. As a new customer he also offered me a free month for signing up. I have had nothing but a great experience with Brighthouse. If were like me and are tired of the horrible customer service and pricing game that you get from the other providers I recommend calling Lysander for new service. He even gave me his personal number if I have any problems, which I have not. His number is 352-414-6756.
I am amazed at the poor quality, games and high prices the cable/internet providers get by with here in the villages, my ohio home i get twice the content for half the price and tech support seldom on hold for more than 5 minutes that fix the problem (seldom need them). Since I don't spend much time there cut back to just internet, base plan $14.99 i have the higher speed and it's a whooping $17.99, and no not a year plan and the price jacked up, had in over 2 years now. i wrote my representatives but never got a reply. I had centurylink every month had to call and be on the phone for 40 minutes or more to get the price i agreed, then after the 2 years they said i owed them an early termination fee of $150, they said getting the agreed price was a new contract? Their trick is never put anything in writing, then change the rate monthly.

Really think internet ought to be regulated like the phone was years ago, it is a necessity as far as I am concerned. Any ideas on how to address the poor service we all get?

Really don't need the cable TV, in fact i get better channels on antenna then the 45 channels on comcast!

I'll give brighthouse a call

nope just north of 466a they don't cover anything north of 466a he said.

Last edited by mikempp; 09-29-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
I am amazed at the poor quality, games and high prices the cable/internet providers get by with here in the villages, my ohio home i get twice the content for half the price and tech support seldom on hold for more than 5 minutes that fix the problem (seldom need them). Since I don't spend much time there cut back to just internet, base plan $14.99 i have the higher speed and it's a whooping $17.99, and no not a year plan and the price jacked up, had in over 2 years now. i wrote my representatives but never got a reply. I had centurylink every month had to call and be on the phone for 40 minutes or more to get the price i agreed, then after the 2 years they said i owed them an early termination fee of $150, they said getting the agreed price was a new contract? Their trick is never put anything in writing, then change the rate monthly.

Really think internet ought to be regulated like the phone was years ago, it is a necessity as far as I am concerned. Any ideas on how to address the poor service we all get?

Really don't need the cable TV, in fact i get better channels on antenna then the 45 channels on comcast!

We don't "all get" bad service. Also, not sure you should call Brighthouse if you are satisfied with your antenna. There are 4 choices south of 466A and as a free market guy, don't need government making my choices for me. When the phone company was regulated services and prices were dictated, when they were deregulated prices fell and technology advanced. So the government raised taxes and added fees because the lower prices reduced their take. Regulation helps nobody.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Old 09-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We don't "all get" bad service. Also, not sure you should call Brighthouse if you are satisfied with your antenna. There are 4 choices south of 466A and as a free market guy, don't need government making my choices for me. When the phone company was regulated services and prices were dictated, when they were deregulated prices fell and technology advanced. So the government raised taxes and added fees because the lower prices reduced their take. Regulation helps nobody.

I agree. The service and customer care I have received from BrightHouse in the 2+ years since I fired Comcast have been amazing in comparison. And I have no contract but they have twice added services while reducing my monthly cost.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default 4 choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You mentioned 4 choices south of 466A. Brighthouse, Century Link, Comcast are three---who is the fourth? Thanks

Old 09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Platinum member

Mmm three post and bragging about great service. Hope it continues down the line. I've been using comcast for internet only and the only time I contacted them hey saved me money with a new deal and faster connection.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Sage
Default Anyone Getting Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Mmm three post and bragging about great service. Hope it continues down the line. I've been using comcast for internet only and the only time I contacted them hey saved me money with a new deal and faster connection.

I hope you continue to have good luck with them. As for me, 3 strikes and Comcast is history.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have had a few calls to Century Link but the waits were minimal and the tech support people were very good (and I speak tech). I had a billing issue that was taken care of promptly and without any drama. The terms and conditions for the service I have were clearly explained. Like all of these companies, it behooves you to call yearly and get the best "introductory deal". I accept this as the way things are. Our current deal is similar to what we have paid previously (outside of FL). Our service has been very reliable. I like the fact that it is fiber optic to the house - one less conductive cable for lightning to jump on. I have been happy with Century Link: good, solid company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post

Old 09-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Gold member
Default I'm not happy with Comcast's pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired75 View Post
and am now interested in Brighthouse...but...please explain:a)a few examples of bad customer service b)how you can rate Brighthouse so highly after only a bit over a month as most $$$'s happen only after 6mos. or so...

No I don't work for or represent Brighthouse, but I hesitate to switch based on loosely written negative remarks and glowing reviews for such a short period. My interactions with Comcast haven't been negative like yours...just very frustrating...

Old 09-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Just had Comcast installed in Hillsboro on 9/29/15. Was told by the phone rep CNBC was included in a on line special package for $59. When the tech installed it It wasn't. Called Comcast. Had to go up to another package for $30 more. So with internet, DVR and one extra digital box and free HBO or Showtime....$129 per month. I am not on a plan so will call Brighthouse and see what they offer.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I miss DISH.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Gold member
Default Don't worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Just had Comcast installed in Hillsboro on 9/29/15. Was told by the phone rep CNBC was included in a on line special package for $59. When the tech installed it It wasn't. Called Comcast. Had to go up to another package for $30 more. So with internet, DVR and one extra digital box and free HBO or Showtime....$129 per month. I am not on a plan so will call Brighthouse and see what they offer.
it will go up...started with lowest internet and basic hd tv(that's it)...cost was $70/mo....one year later for same pkg was $90/mo....about 6 months later it's now $130/mo. for the same pkg....

Old 09-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Default until they ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I miss DISH.
figure out a way to keep electrical storms from grossly effecting their signal I won't even consider dish...any dish...and they aren't any better with their pricing...basic pkg includes squat and they go up on their pricing too...

Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Alternative

An alternative is and it's associated costs are: Direct TV. We seriously like Direct TV but do not kid ourselves that we are beating the ripoff costs associated with TV Cable Vendors in The Villages. The monthly costs are $175 if you want the Sports package + 2 movie channels. Once the Sports package is deducted you save $41 or go to $134. Since Direct TV is the only one that allows you to have the Sports package it can't be compared to the others. Then you add a special way of gaining AT&T home phone is $20 plus $39.99 for Comcast Internet support. Total is $235 with Sports Package and $194 without.
That is reality. Of course we can see all the football games and baseball games with Direct TV which we like.
Just an idea of what the real costs are.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Sage

Tried to switch to CenturyLink for internet. They insisted that 25 mbps was available to our address. Last week a CenturyLink technician came out ahead of installation to be sure there weren't any problems getting the 25 mbps speed. After much testing it turned out that only 10 mbps is available, so we cancelled the order and are stuck with Comcast for the time being.

Tags
service, customer, brighthouse, lysander, switch, horrible, number, month, offered, experience, signing, free, great, game, personal, gave, problems, a040a040, 352-414-6756, calling, recommend, pricing, tired, providers, contacted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.