Anyone Getting Cable

Anyone Getting Cable

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Platinum member

I miss DISH.

Don't worry...
Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Gold member

Default Don't worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
Just had Comcast installed in Hillsboro on 9/29/15. Was told by the phone rep CNBC was included in a on line special package for $59. When the tech installed it It wasn't. Called Comcast. Had to go up to another package for $30 more. So with internet, DVR and one extra digital box and free HBO or Showtime....$129 per month. I am not on a plan so will call Brighthouse and see what they offer.
it will go up...started with lowest internet and basic hd tv(that's it)...cost was $70/mo....one year later for same pkg was $90/mo....about 6 months later it's now $130/mo. for the same pkg....
Sponsored Links
until they ....
Old 09-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Gold member

Default until they ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I miss DISH.
figure out a way to keep electrical storms from grossly effecting their signal I won't even consider dish...any dish...and they aren't any better with their pricing...basic pkg includes squat and they go up on their pricing too...
Alternative
Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Platinum member

Unhappy Alternative

An alternative is and it's associated costs are: Direct TV. We seriously like Direct TV but do not kid ourselves that we are beating the ripoff costs associated with TV Cable Vendors in The Villages. The monthly costs are $175 if you want the Sports package + 2 movie channels. Once the Sports package is deducted you save $41 or go to $134. Since Direct TV is the only one that allows you to have the Sports package it can't be compared to the others. Then you add a special way of gaining AT&T home phone is $20 plus $39.99 for Comcast Internet support. Total is $235 with Sports Package and $194 without.
That is reality. Of course we can see all the football games and baseball games with Direct TV which we like.
Just an idea of what the real costs are.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Platinum member

Tried to switch to CenturyLink for internet. They insisted that 25 mbps was available to our address. Last week a CenturyLink technician came out ahead of installation to be sure there weren't any problems getting the 25 mbps speed. After much testing it turned out that only 10 mbps is available, so we cancelled the order and are stuck with Comcast for the time being.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Gold member

I assume you are in an area that doesn't have fiber optics to the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Tried to switch to CenturyLink for internet. They insisted that 25 mbps was available to our address. Last week a CenturyLink technician came out ahead of installation to be sure there weren't any problems getting the 25 mbps speed. After much testing it turned out that only 10 mbps is available, so we cancelled the order and are stuck with Comcast for the time being.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You mentioned 4 choices south of 466A. Brighthouse, Century Link, Comcast are three---who is the fourth? Thanks
Direct TV....Satellite

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
and am now interested in Brighthouse...but...please explain:a)a few examples of bad customer service b)how you can rate Brighthouse so highly after only a bit over a month as most $$$'s happen only after 6mos. or so...

No I don't work for or represent Brighthouse, but I hesitate to switch based on loosely written negative remarks and glowing reviews for such a short period. My interactions with Comcast haven't been negative like yours...just very frustrating...
Have had Brighthouse for 13 months, no $$$ have happened.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Sage

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We don't "all get" bad service. Also, not sure you should call Brighthouse if you are satisfied with your antenna. There are 4 choices south of 466A and as a free market guy, don't need government making my choices for me. When the phone company was regulated services and prices were dictated, when they were deregulated prices fell and technology advanced. So the government raised taxes and added fees because the lower prices reduced their take. Regulation helps nobody.
I also am happy with Comcast's service since I called the retention dept and bargained for a better price. Service has never been an issue and I've had them 8 years. Haven't had them out to repair it in all that time either. The few times I've had to deal with customer service it's not been that great, but they did eventually get me to the correct dept and it was fine. We do not have the choice of Brighthouse here in Hadley. If their price was better I would have given them a try.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

All of these companies (Comcast.Century Link, Brighthouse, Direct TV, Dish) have deals upfront, usually one year, and then go up substantially, thereafter. Another "hook" on price is their vacation policy. Price will go up following putting your service on vacation. Customer Service is poor, at best, with any of these companies. That's reality IMHO.

Tags
service, customer, brighthouse, lysander, switch, horrible, number, month, offered, experience, signing, free, great, game, personal, gave, problems, a040a040, 352-414-6756, calling, recommend, pricing, tired, providers, contacted