ATTN: SANIBEL RESIDENTS Bright House Cable

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Default Whole house

Paul, what are the benefits of a whole house dvr? I understand that you can not schedule a recording without going to the TV that has a DVR, so if you are watching a tv where there is only a converter and want to record a show, you have to go to the other room, turn on the tv and record from that tv. Is that correct? Seems like a lot of trouble.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM

Hi Paul,

Just closed 9/6 on Alee Lane, Sanibel and moving in 12/7. What is the approximate time for an installation once you get the order.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksaint View Post
Hi Paul,

Just closed 9/6 on Alee Lane, Sanibel and moving in 12/7. What is the approximate time for an installation once you get the order.
I can work on as little as one day's notice, meaning I can have someone there to do the install the next day after we talk and place the order. However, if you can give me 2-3 days notice it is much easier and we will have a wider selection of arrival windows to pick from. Feel free to email me or call my cell if you need any more information.
I have been moved to a different division in Bright House and I will no longer be the rep for The Villages area. Lysander Jimenez, my friend and co-worker, will be the rep for The Villages area now and he will take wonderful care of you. I will put his full contact information below in case you want to contact him directly.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Lysander.Jimenez@mybrighthouse.com
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Veteran member
Question What about Rodie's question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodie View Post
Paul, what are the benefits of a whole house dvr? I understand that you can not schedule a recording without going to the TV that has a DVR, so if you are watching a tv where there is only a converter and want to record a show, you have to go to the other room, turn on the tv and record from that tv. Is that correct? Seems like a lot of trouble.
Hi Paul,
Can you confirm (or not) what Rodie was asking, we close on the 17th Dec on Amherst Way and will be ordering a system within the next couple of weeks, but need to understand them all first.
Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Hi Paul,
Can you confirm (or not) what Rodie was asking, we close on the 17th Dec on Amherst Way and will be ordering a system within the next couple of weeks, but need to understand them all first.
Thanks
Wow, completely missed that one. Sorry!

The way our Whole House DVR works is there is one main DVR box that acts as the brains of the system. This is where you would setup and manage all of your recordings. Any other TV that has a box that is networked in the system would receive all the extra channels etc that a box provides, plus it would be able to share the recordings from the main box. In this setup yes, you would have to go to the main box to setup a recording. However, we can add extra DVRs etc to get around this if your situation dictates. Honestly, in my home I only have the one main DVR and two secondary boxes. I have only had a situation where I wanted to record something and had to run back to the main box occur once in the last 6+ months. It does and can happen,but honestly I haven't heard too many complaints about it. I have heard that eventually an update is coming that will remedy this situation, but I have not heard any timeline as to when we can expect to see this.

Hope this info helps. As always, if you have any questions or need any further explanations, please feel free to call or email me.

Thanks!
I have been moved to a different division in Bright House and I will no longer be the rep for The Villages area. Lysander Jimenez, my friend and co-worker, will be the rep for The Villages area now and he will take wonderful care of you. I will put his full contact information below in case you want to contact him directly.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Default 17 more...

Happy New Year to all!!! Hope 2013 will be a wonderful year for all Villagers.

We have been busy throughout the holidays and have added a few new sections. A total of 17 new streets and the 2900 block of Amherst have been added. The new streets are as follows:
- Albara Pl
- Amherst Way (2900 block)
- Bluebeard Ct
- Brinkley Ln
- Bureau Path
- Canary Pl
- Dafoe Terr
- Euclid Terr
- Friar Way
- Gullberry Pl
- Hillstream St
- Honeyville Ln
- Kuzmany Ct
- Luraville Pl
- Magellan Ct
- Norwood St
- Olenda Dr
- Regency Ave

That is all the expansion for now. More to come in the near future. As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me!

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM

Hello all! A little more expansion on the horizon.

New streets now serviced by Bright House are:

-Blackstone Pl

-Ranchwood Ter

-Red Clover Ln

That's it for now, but like always we are working hard to bring more areas in the near future.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighthouse Cable Paul View Post
Hello all! A little more expansion on the horizon.

New streets now serviced by Bright House are:

-Blackstone Pl

-Ranchwood Ter

-Red Clover Ln

That's it for now, but like always we are working hard to bring more areas in the near future.
Hey Paul...

Comcast only allows its customers to put a "hold" on their service in the summer months of June thru Aug while away for a minimal fee ($10) but some of us part timers would like to have that option during other times of the year too.

Comcast sucked us in by saying they offer the "hold" service but we didn't think to ask if it was year round. So, when we requested a hold in December for a few months, we were told it only applies as stated above.

Show me that service and I will switch ASAP!

Regards,
Billy
Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf2008 View Post
Hey Paul...

Comcast only allows its customers to put a "hold" on their service in the summer months of June thru Aug while away for a minimal fee ($10) but some of us part timers would like to have that option during other times of the year too.

Comcast sucked us in by saying they offer the "hold" service but we didn't think to ask if it was year round. So, when we requested a hold in December for a few months, we were told it only applies as stated above.

Show me that service and I will switch ASAP!

Regards,
Billy

Billy,

That is weird. I never knew, nor had I ever heard that there were only certain times Comcast allowed you to put your services on hold.

We do offer what we call the seasonal plan. This allows you to put the equipment in your home into a sleep mode while you are out of town. There is a one time fee of $15.95 to enter this mode and a small monthly fee to keep the phone active (if you have that service). We do not limit what time of year you can enter into this mode. However, like everything, there are some catches. For the seasonal plan, you must be gone a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 9 months. You can enter into the seasonal plan only once every 11 months. It works out great for some of my customers that are down here during a set amount of months and up north or traveling for the others. BUT, I do have a good number of customers for whom this service doesn't work because they are away and back too frequently.

Hope this info helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, feel free to call my cell at 407-399-0259 or email me on my work email at paul.muniz@mybrighthouse.com.

Thanks,
Paul

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM

Well, our guys have been out working hard again and have another 12 streets ready for us to offer service to. The new streets are as follows:

-Altair Path
-Apache Ct
-Falls Ave
-Harvest Ct
-Java Ter
-Nighthawk Ter
-Oak Point Ter
-Quasar Ave
-Rainsong Ave
-Useppa Oaks Ln
-Vickers Pl
-Yearling Way

Hopefully more to come in the near future. If anyone notices that these streets are in a village I do not have listed, please let me know and I will update my postings. Thanks!

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 PM

We are not happy with Bright House .It does not have The Villages channel
and we can not get on demand .
And Camcast gives you a box for each TV not happy
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
If not Bright House or Comcast, does Dish or Direct TV address these concerns?

Gene
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM

Great, great news. Hey Paul, any chance you'll be in Lynnhaven area?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
I am sorry that you are not happy with Bright House, but I am not sure why...

It has been established several times in this post as well as others that we do not offer The Villages Networks at this time. Hopefully, this is something that will be resolved in the future, but unfortunately for now we do not have these channels. If you search some of the other posts most of my customers find it just as easy to get Villages news from other outlets.

On Demand is available on our service on any TV that has a set-top box. We offer channel specific On-Demands as well as Primetime On Demand which covers most of the major networks' primetime programming. I can send you a channel lineup if you need or if there is some problem where it is not functioning, please let me know and I will send a tech out.

I am not sure what you are referring to, but Comcast definitely DOES NOT GIVE you anything! They do offer DTA converters that allow you to get the same basic and standard channels we offer by plugging directly into the wall, but there is also a charge for each converter. Also, if you will search, you will see the price for these converters just went up.

You are more than entitled to your opinion and again, if you are unhappy with our services for any reason I certainly apologize, but as I have said many time, I feel our service offers the best services dollar for dollar and it appears the majority agrees.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell

Last edited by Brighthouse Cable Paul; 02-28-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: missed the on demand part originally.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgene View Post
If not Bright House or Comcast, does Dish or Direct TV address these concerns?

Gene
Comcast does offer The Villages Channel as far as I know, but no other provider does at this time. Not us (Bright House), not Centurylink, and not either of the dish providers.

If you need a channel lineup or have any other questions, please let me know. I will try to help anyway I can.

Lysander Jimenez
352-414-6756 cell
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.