Century Link

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 AM
Default Century Link

Anyone that's using Century link prism for Internet & TV -can you rate the quality and speed, service, etc. live in Sabal Chase. Thinking of switching fron direct TV & comcast cable.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer14 View Post
Anyone that's using Century link prism for Internet & TV -can you rate the quality and speed, service, etc. live in Sabal Chase. Thinking of switching fron direct TV & comcast cable.
I think with internet you get what you pay for. If you are unhappy with your speed on Comcast you can call and change your package to a higher speed. I've heard mixed reviews on here for Century Link internet. Comcast seems to be quite reliable although they are a pain inn the butt to work with over the telephone. Here is a link to check your Comcast speed XFINITY Speed Test

Check to see you are currently getting the speed you are paying for. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Gold member

In our neighborhood of Pennecamp, Century Link offers DSL at 3 mbps (megabits per second) and 10 mbps. They don't offer 20 mbps because we don't have fiber optic to the curb. I was used to Comcast 20 mbps at our last home, so 3 was disappointing for emails with attachments and for downloading files. At some point, CL offered 10 at for the price of 3, so I upgraded. Now it's acceptably fast. Since we don not do streaming movies, I do not know if 10 is sufficient for that.

It has been very reliable.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Sage
Smile

I have comcast's Blast Plus package. I have 56 mbps on the standalone computer and 21 mbps on the wi fi. I am installing a new router to see if I can get faster on the wi fi.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Sage

I have had Century Link Prism for about a year. So far no problems, and customer service is satisfactory. Internet is at least as fast as Comcast.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.