Century Link

Century Link

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Century Link
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 AM

Default Century Link

Anyone that's using Century link prism for Internet & TV -can you rate the quality and speed, service, etc. live in Sabal Chase. Thinking of switching fron direct TV & comcast cable.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer14 View Post
Anyone that's using Century link prism for Internet & TV -can you rate the quality and speed, service, etc. live in Sabal Chase. Thinking of switching fron direct TV & comcast cable.
I think with internet you get what you pay for. If you are unhappy with your speed on Comcast you can call and change your package to a higher speed. I've heard mixed reviews on here for Century Link internet. Comcast seems to be quite reliable although they are a pain inn the butt to work with over the telephone. Here is a link to check your Comcast speed XFINITY Speed Test

Check to see you are currently getting the speed you are paying for. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Gold member

In our neighborhood of Pennecamp, Century Link offers DSL at 3 mbps (megabits per second) and 10 mbps. They don't offer 20 mbps because we don't have fiber optic to the curb. I was used to Comcast 20 mbps at our last home, so 3 was disappointing for emails with attachments and for downloading files. At some point, CL offered 10 at for the price of 3, so I upgraded. Now it's acceptably fast. Since we don not do streaming movies, I do not know if 10 is sufficient for that.

It has been very reliable.

Manage the exceptions, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Sage

Smile

I have comcast's Blast Plus package. I have 56 mbps on the standalone computer and 21 mbps on the wi fi. I am installing a new router to see if I can get faster on the wi fi.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Sage

I have had Century Link Prism for about a year. So far no problems, and customer service is satisfactory. Internet is at least as fast as Comcast.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread