Century Link HORRIBLE

Century Link HORRIBLE

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Century Link HORRIBLE
  #1  
Old 06-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Kathe Kathe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
Thumbs down Century Link HORRIBLE

You may think Comcast is bad but Century Link is worse. They downgraded my service on 6/14 (my request) because my bill went up $70 after a three month promo (they didn't tell me THREE months). That downgrade took about 5 minutes while I was on the phone...HOWEVER they did it wrong...wrong pkg, no HD, no DVR. Now on 6/23, after talking on the phone/internet chat/in the store/ they still can't get it right. I just got an email that says since everything is ok they won't be contacting me. They transfer between. centurylink, prism, billing and escalation.

BE AWARE They really don't have it together! Takes frustration to a whole new level.

  #2  
Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Paper1 Paper1 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
You may think Comcast is bad but Century Link is worse. They downgraded my service on 6/14 (my request) because my bill went up $70 after a three month promo (they didn't tell me THREE months). That downgrade took about 5 minutes while I was on the phone...HOWEVER they did it wrong...wrong pkg, no HD, no DVR. Now on 6/23, after talking on the phone/internet chat/in the store/ they still can't get it right. I just got an email that says since everything is ok they won't be contacting me. They transfer between. centurylink, prism, billing and escalation.

BE AWARE They really don't have it together! Takes frustration to a whole new level.
I might be wrong but suspect they have indeed "got it together" and this is just an example of their business plan. Of course I'm someone frustrated with most businesses today, it seems everything is a hustle. IMO
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 06-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Robbo Robbo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default

It is hard to believe, but Centurylink might actually be worse than Comcast.
  #4  
Old 06-24-2016, 04:12 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is online now
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
It is hard to believe, but Centurylink might actually be worse than Comcast.
My wife and I switched from CL to Comcast 5 months ago. I was tired of terrible service, connection speed and ever changing bill amounts. We've been with Comcast and have not had any problems thus far.
  #5  
Old 06-24-2016, 04:30 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 3,839
Default

We've had Directv since 2008. They just have more choices and better HD picture and if you're a sports fan, there is no one better. For telephone and internet we've had Century Link since July 2011. Our bill has never changed, it's been $59.99 since the first month and we've only had two short outages on the internet, and one was actually caused by a lightning strike.

Overall, were happy with their service, however I'm considering switching to Magic Jack for telephone and keep CL just for internet. My neighbor had switched from Directv to Century Link for Prism TV service. He's a sports fan and was disappointed they didn't carry the NBA Channel and he's also a music fan and they didn't have Palladia, which just changed to MTV Live. It's a great channel of mostly live music from festivals and classic artists. He has since dropped Prism and he's using Amazon Prime and a couple of other type services and no real TV company, and he said he's saving a lot of money and he's even getting all the Red Sox games for the rest of the year.
  #6  
Old 06-24-2016, 05:09 PM
billybye billybye is offline
Email Reported As Spam
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Village of Santiago
Posts: 347
Default

Have been with Century Link with "bundle" for 2 years and today is first outage which lasted for about 2 hours for tv only. Every time their discounts end, I call and they are put back on immediately. I have had Direct TV, Dish and Comcast. Century Link is the only one who would work with me on price so I would not switch to someone else.
They are all bad, but in my instance Century Link has been the best by far.
  #7  
Old 06-24-2016, 06:35 PM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,622
Default

We have had CenturyLink for 2+ years. They have been very reliable. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
My wife and I switched from CL to Comcast 5 months ago. I was tired of terrible service, connection speed and ever changing bill amounts. We've been with Comcast and have not had any problems thus far.
  #8  
Old 06-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Northwoods Northwoods is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lake Deaton
Posts: 172
Default

We've had no issues with Century Link....
Issue with all of them
  #9  
Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 PM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,188
Default Issue with all of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
Have been with Century Link with "bundle" for 2 years and today is first outage which lasted for about 2 hours for tv only. Every time their discounts end, I call and they are put back on immediately. I have had Direct TV, Dish and Comcast. Century Link is the only one who would work with me on price so I would not switch to someone else.
They are all bad, but in my instance Century Link has been the best by far.
They are all bad. However, we switched from Comcast to Brighthouse and so far so good. Unfortunately they are only in the new areas of The Villages.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #10  
Old 06-24-2016, 10:44 PM
goodtimesintv goodtimesintv is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 534
Default

They are all alike in that they operate like........monopolies. They don't give a rip about the customer and get you on the phone with customer service people in Singapore or Philippines who are trained to talk like a robot reading from a script. All these companies know they have you over a barrel.
Closed Thread

Tags
century, link, wrong, email, store

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.