DirecTV Perpetrating Consumer Fraud
Home
Menu

DirecTV Perpetrating Consumer Fraud

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 11:13 AM

Actually had a contract with them for 14 years, Fred53. It was when I cancelled my service, that they tried to impose an invented $430 cancellation fee. After much time spent on the phone, they finallly launched an "escalation" of the problem. They then agreed that they had falsely imposed this cancellation fee.

Old Saying
Old 07-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Thumbs down Old Saying

There is an old saying in the pricing world. It is "if you don't have competition the only thing that should measure your applied price is GREED". This is pretty pervasive in the corporate world! Unfortunately we don't have a governments that protects the public. When was the last time you saw an article discussing the Government challenging and suing for "greed". To see the extent of the problem all you have to do is watch the Cable Companies.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2017, 01:10 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I must be missing the point. It's not the governments job to control entertainment pricing and DirectTV has plenty of competition.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 07-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is an old saying in the pricing world. It is "if you don't have competition the only thing that should measure your applied price is GREED". This is pretty pervasive in the corporate world! Unfortunately we don't have a governments that protects the public. When was the last time you saw an article discussing the Government challenging and suing for "greed". To see the extent of the problem all you have to do is watch the Cable Companies.
What???
Old 07-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Veteran member

that's the problem no competition ,bright house is gone.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:05 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

There is more competition than ever. Competing with DirectTV in The Villages is Dish Network, CenturyLink, Xfinity, Sling TV, OTA antenna, YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Playstation Vue and South of 466a you can also add Spectrum to the list. Many more options will be available in the coming months.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Confused
Old 07-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Gold member

Lightbulb Confused

I guess there is a lack of understanding when it comes to competition with regards to cable. If you want a quick education take a problem to the DirectTV store on 441. Oops, you will be directed to the Brighthouse office for your complaints as they handle all complaints including Direct TV, Brighthouse, Dish etc. There is a good chance there will be an attempt to get you to transfer to Dish, or another Cable provider and to get rid of DirectTV. Suspect it is because there is a commission to get a customer to switch from their current provider? The Cable providers sell franchises and therefore you are really dealing with a "Retail Store" when going to the 441 offices. At this point competition does not exist and commissions rule. If you want to avoid this non competitive merchandising then call the Corporate Offices of the Company and deal with them.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
...At this point competition does not exist...
Since I have so many options for where I get my video services...all reasonably priced imho...what exactly is that called?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Since I have so many options for where I get my video services...all reasonably priced imho...what exactly is that called?
For older people that are technically challenged there are fewer choices. Those people, for the most part, don't post on here.

My older neighbor is on a budget, so I bought a range extender and placed it in my garage window closest to his house. Also had to get them a USB wireless network adaptor for their desktop.

Now they have free Internet on their desktop and laptop. Will give them a roku or firestick too.

If Neighbors stick together lots of money can be saved.
Closed Thread

Tags
consumer, fraud, directv, websites, bad