Beware of this company

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2019, 06:48 AM
Default Beware of this company

We rcently hired "All Surface Rejuvenations Plus" (wesealgrout.com), to clean our shower & seal the grout. The service person would not tell us what chemicals he was using to clean the shower. His answer was, "It's top secret." He checked our construction documents for the color of the grout. The caulk he used was darker than the existing color & we approved it based on his statement that the grout would lighten as it dried and cured. It did not lighten. We called the office & asked if the owner would come & inspect the work. The answer was, "No, he won't do that." She added that if we wanted it changed it would cost us 85 dollars an hour to have them come back & we would have to supply the caulk. Use caution when dealing with this company as we are very unhappy with their customer service. Thank you, Nancy

Last edited by nancy32163; 08-06-2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: I made mistake in the name of the company
Old 08-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Nancy, sorry for your experience. I have personally used a product called Grout Shield www.groutshield.com, I did the entire house 2 to 4 hours at a time, over a 2 week period, total cost well under $100. The great thing about this product is it is a colored sealer, and they will MATCH your existing grout. They did this so well that i actually missed a couple of places which could not be seen unless the grout got wet. This has been on for 2 years and looks great. This would be an option to 'fix' the color mismatch, and if the rest of the job was OK, then that is all you would need to do.

Send me a PM if you would like to discuss further.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

SureClean just left here, after repairing/recoloring missing/broken grout. I’m sorry you had problems with All Surface. Our was a wonderful, excellent experience. SureClean was on time, polite, got right down to business and got it done right! Can’t say enough good things about them.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Please don't only complain on this site.

Let the Better Business know what happened and put your comment on Yelp.com, as well.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Please don't only complain on this site.

Let the Better Business know what happened and put your comment on Yelp.com, as well.
This company is not accedited by the BBB, because they did not pay for it. It has an A plus rating, has no reviews, and no complaints. However, almost all companies listed on the BBB website are rated A plus. I have never found the BBB website to be useful to me. So, I guess you can file a complaint, but I really wonder what the BBB will do with it. By the way, I checked the BBB latest IRS Form 990. Most of their income, about $6 million, came from accreditation dues paid by businesses, and most of their expenses were for employee salaries, about $5 million.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 08-06-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:30 PM

I posted a review on BBB website. It is exactly as you say "retiredguy 123" regarding this company. After posting my review, I got an email back from BBB that states they will make sure there are no derogatory remarks in my review and then pass it along to the company to get their statement. My husband and I learned from this. We should have asked if their work was guaranteed and what would happen if we were not satisfied & got those answers in writing. I use this website from time to time to check for good businesses etc. from others & many good people have kept us from hiring those who take advantage of the Villagers. I also post when we have a bad experience with a company. The majority of people we have hired have been wonderful and I will continue to use this website to warn of bad service.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

My experience has been the same, I believe the frequent established posters’ recommendations here and so far things are all good. There are some self promoters too but I skip them.
Closed Thread

Tags
grout, caulk, color, answer, lighten

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.