How to treat a pet stain

How to treat a pet stain

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

How to treat a pet stain
Old 05-18-2016, 01:42 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Default How to treat a pet stain

How to Treat a Pet Stain
Not Cleaning Up a Spill Properly Can Result in Permanent Staining.
Cover spill with WHITE napkin or paper towels. DO NOT use colored paper! It might transfer onto the carpet. Be sure to use a THICK stack to absorb as much of the spot as possible. Blot by stepping on stack of towels. REPEAT THIS PROCESS UNTIL NO TRANSFER TAKES PLACE. DO NOT RUB!!!
Apply Spotting Agent. Warning: Do not use spot removers that you get at the grocery store! They leave a sticky residue behind and may discolor your carpet.
Get a bottle of Home Pro Spotter FREE from Van’s Carpet Cleaning Service with cleaning.
REPEAT Steps 1 and 2. If the spot does not come out, do NOT attempt any further action, as you may set the spot and/or damage your carpet. Instead, call us immediately at 352-669-1540. If it is after hours, keep it moist until morning by misting a little more solution or water. Leave a voice mail and we will contact you immediately the next business day.
Pet Spots: Only Use Pet Spotter on pet spots. Urine turns “alkaline” from being exposed to oxygen. Pet Spotter is designed to neutralize urine salts. *GET YOUR CARPET CLEANED AS SOON AFTER A PET SPOT AS POSSIBLE! Even when you do a great job cleaning the spot, urine salts can still be left behind which will discolor your textile and collect odor causing bacteria.
Warning: Do NOT use over the counter spotters for urine. They are not designed to neutralize the urine salts.

I agree with blotting not rubbing but.....
Old 07-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Sage

Default I agree with blotting not rubbing but.....

after having done that, the best product is Spot Shot available at your local grocery store and spray until saturated. Then wait a few minutes and walk on area with several thicknesses of old towels. Repeat if necessary. Gone. No residue.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Gold member

I keep a gallon of neutralizer made for dog stains that I got from a carpet cleaning chemical supplier some time back. Blot, never scrub and definitelu do not use a soap solution.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Try "Capture" available at Home Depot. You spray a solution on the stain then work in their white powder with the provided brush. After allowing it to dry the powder pulls the stain up to the surface where you vacuum the residue up. Have been using it for over 10 years with cat throw ups. This is the only retail product I have found easily get out animal stains.
Closed Thread

Tags
pet, spot, urine, carpet, cleaning