Belle glade condition

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2022, 07:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Related & not related.....................played Havana this afternoon.

Good shape. I think there was more grass than Belle Glade.

Old 01-25-2022, 04:29 PM

It surprises me what some people think are good conditions on a golf course,I have lived here since 2006 thanks to early retirement,at that time the golf courses between 466 and 466a were in beautiful shape,there was no bonifay or belle glade or evans prairie…and glenview,Lopez and Tierra del sol,and hacienda hills were the least played.the courses were over seeded in winter and maintenance on them much better…golf is one of the lures to buy here,but it seems now growth is a priority and keeping up existing facilities is falling on hard times…corses are not maintained by golf maintenance companies,and the out look for hacienda is dire …so can’t see why people think belle glade is anything more than a $20 muni…but opinions are just that…villages needs a resident golf association to interact with developers and course superintendents….
Old 01-25-2022, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnhski View Post
…so can’t see why people think belle glade is anything more than a $20 muni….

But yet you still go there and pay over $50 to play.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:57 PM

I bet not….
Old 01-25-2022, 07:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Were they not all that bad for $50,00 ?
$50 with a priority membership! Add a little insult to injury.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:05 PM

Didn’t ask for don’t need credibility from you dewilson58
Old 01-26-2022, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Didn’t ask for don’t need credibility from you dewilson58
Thank you.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It surprises me what some people think are good conditions on a golf course,I have lived here since 2006 thanks to early retirement,at that time the golf courses between 466 and 466a were in beautiful shape,there was no bonifay or belle glade or evans prairie…and glenview,Lopez and Tierra del sol,and hacienda hills were the least played.the courses were over seeded in winter and maintenance on them much better…golf is one of the lures to buy here,but it seems now growth is a priority and keeping up existing facilities is falling on hard times…corses are not maintained by golf maintenance companies,and the out look for hacienda is dire …so can’t see why people think belle glade is anything more than a $20 muni…but opinions are just that…villages needs a resident golf association to interact with developers and course superintendents….
I agree. Some people I think maybe never played much golf until retirement and haven't really experienced nicely maintained golf courses. My experience is that there are always a few golf courses in TV that are just lousy. No other word for it. We just avoid them when putting in a tee time request. The Villages has always had problems with maintenance because they subcontract the work out. I believe these companies have a contract and the Villages is stuck with them for a certain amount of time, so if you get a company that doesn't do a great job, there isn't much they can do until the contract is up. There are always great deals on really nice courses if you're willing to travel outside The Villages. Also, lets face it, TV has a captive audience here because its handy and we have our personal golf carts, so there isn't as much incentive to keep things pristine.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post

But yet you still go there and pay over $50 to play.

Come on man, it is only funny money.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:28 AM
Default Harbor Hills

Played Harbor Hills a couple of times this month. Fairways are over seeded. Overall in good condition and reasonably priced. Definitely worth a try.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyrichards View Post
Played Harbor Hills a couple of times this month. Fairways are over seeded. Overall in good condition and reasonably priced. Definitely worth a try.
Spruce Creek South has overseeded tees, fairways and greens. Best shape it's ever been in. $25 after 1pm with coupon. Any they give you a nice, new EZ GO Lithium Ion cart to use. Since you use your own cart in The Villages, you can consider greens fees to be around $20 over priced.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:59 AM
Default Belle Glade conditions

Quote:
Our group played belle glade Seminole to calusa ,1,20,2022…a cow pasture would put this course to shame,what little grass there is on the fairway is either weeds or green pigment,the greens looked like a herd of cows walked across them,who ever is in charge here should get out of the office and take a ride on the course,more craters and bare spots than the Ho Chi Minh trail…disgusting,to charge $50 to play,,,deplorable an insult to the bottom of your shoes…
I am not sure what you saw out there but I couldnt find a weed in any fairway. I was expecting terrible conditions! There was grass everywhere its just beat down from our cart traffic in the middle of Winter. Tees were fine and greens were off color but rolled fine. I just cant imagine how bad of a day someone must have to lie and speak so bad of things in which they know nothing about. God Bless America, Lets Go Brandon!
Old 01-31-2022, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcap View Post
I am not sure what you saw out there but I couldnt find a weed in any fairway. I was expecting terrible conditions! There was grass everywhere its just beat down from our cart traffic in the middle of Winter. Tees were fine and greens were off color but rolled fine. I just cant imagine how bad of a day someone must have to lie and speak so bad of things in which they know nothing about. God Bless America, Lets Go Brandon!
Although I haven’t played Belle Glade recently, I totally agree about the conditions in general. Played Palmer on Saturday and Glenview yesterday and both were excellent. The greens at both courses were rolling as true and fast as ever, and there was much more grass in the fairways than the last few winters. This is the easiest time of the year to put up low scores. There is basically no penalty for hitting into the rough and a low draw off the t box seemingly rolls forever. Lots of scoring wedges into the greens on the second shot of the par 4’s. Golf On : (
Old 01-31-2022, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Although I haven’t played Belle Glade recently, I totally agree about the conditions in general. Played Palmer on Saturday and Glenview yesterday and both were excellent. The greens at both courses were rolling as true and fast as ever, and there was much more grass in the fairways than the last few winters. This is the easiest time of the year to put up low scores. There is basically no penalty for hitting into the rough and a low draw off the t box seemingly rolls forever. Lots of scoring wedges into the greens on the second shot of the par 4’s. Golf On : (
I'm sorry, but what's a "low draw"? Never hit one of those...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-01-2022, 07:23 AM

It is winter and most grasses go dormant. Get a life and enjoy what there is or go back north.
Closed Thread

Tags
charge, belle, glade, office, ride

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.