Championship Golf

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Wink Championship Golf

Considering the amount of play TV coursed get, I am happy with the condition at most courses. Just Played Evans Prairie and even after the amount it was saturated due to rains etc.. the course was good. I'm sure that it is a monumental task to keep the grounds in good condition. I had a great round with great friends. Thank God for the Villages.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I'm enjoying "longer" roughs.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:34 PM

Totally agree most course are in extremely good condition.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Does anyone know when we will see what the winter rates will be?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:54 AM

Golf would be so much more enjoyable if there were not so many backups on the course. A simple reminder with signage might help. Something like: "In consideration of players behind you, please try to keep up with the group in front of you."
Old 10-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Does anyone know when we will see what the winter rates will be?
December 31, I believe, is the end of the “summer rates”..... but you can check on golfthevillages.com
Old 10-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
December 31, I believe, is the end of the “summer rates”..... but you can check on golfthevillages.com
I am very well aware of when the current rates end, the question was does anyone know when the new rates will be made available? I check on golfthevillages.com almost daily. I want to know the new rates, both for residents and priority, so I can do the subsequent calculations and determine if my wife and I should bit the bullet and become priority members based on our anticipated pro forma number of rounds during 2021.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'm enjoying "longer" roughs.
The rough on the courses in TV is shorter than the fairways here in Western NY! Golf in TV is made to be enjoyable. Wide fairways and the ball rolls forever! Can't wait to play there everyday!
Old 10-24-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill620 View Post
Golf would be so much more enjoyable if there were not so many backups on the course. A simple reminder with signage might help. Something like: "In consideration of players behind you, please try to keep up with the group in front of you."
That is a failure of the ambassadors/rangers to patrol the pace of play.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher1969 View Post
Wide fairways and the ball rolls forever! Can't wait to play there everyday!
Come here in the pure summer when the dense thick grass grabs you ball and hides it from you...
In winter time here the ball will roll for ever....
Old 10-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
"...keeping up..." with the group in front of you is the problem...while they saunter to their cart, wipe their clubs, rearrange the bag, look back to see if we are waiting, get in the cart and taking 10 more seconds to drive away.
No sarcasm...just stating what we typically see.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:22 PM

Have you not seen the signs "Play 'Ready Golf'"? Ambassadors do what they can and suffer the abuse for it.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodi70 View Post
Have you not seen the signs "Play 'Ready Golf'"? Ambassadors do what they can and suffer the abuse for it.
Played Cane Garden today. Tee time 1:24. The starter on Hibiscus told us he would hold us until start time as he started two groups earlier than their time. The first group was four ladies followed by the second group of four men who we were told are their husbands. We were a threesome and played the first hole, no group in front of us in fairway or on green. Completed first hole, went to second tee, the men’s group on tee box while their wives in front of them on the green. Now the second hole is 332 yards from the whites and two of the four men are hitting from the blues, 370 yards and the other two from the whites. So we waited and waited for every tee box and every fairway. When we got to the fifth hole a par 3, two men hitting from blue, two from whites so we waited again. Meanwhile the group in front of them, their spouses are on the tee of the sixth hole chatting away rather than playing ready golf. When we finally could tee up, the group behind us a foursome were waiting as well as a twosome behind them. And there was an ambassador sitting in his cart observing this and not saying anything. Not blaming him but what’s the point. We were supposed to play 18 but stopped at nine and got a rain check. Guess these two groups wanted to get their moneys worth.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts
Default Backup/slow play

Quote:
If every group would play “ready up” golf that would solve most backup issues. Secondly, play from the correct set of tees for you. It’s more fun and will speed up your play. Handicaps can be adjusted by the set of tees you play on most courses. The Course conditions on both executive and championship have improved a bit. The very low handicap players might disagree though. Some are not raking the traps or fixing ball marks but that has always been a problem in The Villages.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

...my only gripe about the courses here in The Villages is that the holes seem to be placed anywhere from 1/4inch to a foot away from the right place. I'd score much better if the holes were placed were they should be.

Tags
good, condition, great, amount, god

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.