Championship Golf Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Have said in the past and will say again, play the ball where it lies and stop complaining about the course. Oh its wet, oh its dry, oh the sand is hard, oh the sand is soft, the grass is too deep, oh the grass is too short, oh the greens are too fast, oh the greens are to slow. Have you ever thought it is the player and not the course. Go out and practice or accept the fact as Michael Phelps was told by Hank Haney " face it, you are not that good". Played Mallory today and it was absolutely horrible!!!! There was earth on the course that was uneven, the sun was too beautiful, the ball was round and it rolled too much, the hole on the green was round and not big enough and it had a flag in it. I hit into a sand trap and the sand was way too white. I got so far away from the clubhouse bar that I had to keep hitting that stupid round ball just to get back to the bar and pay those ridiculously cheap prices for beer. Oh yeah and towards the end of this miserable day the beautiful missus and I had 4 guys two holes behind us that was really irritating. Then to top it all off I had to drive 8 minutes in my golf cart back to my house. If this kind of life keeps up I think I will just have to move up north to a place that has 6 feet of snow where all I have to do is dream about what golf is about in January.

Totaly agree how bad it is out there.
I even had to brush sand and stuff off my clubs on several occasions!
Old 12-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I refuse to take the time to review all the previous posts since this subject is probably only number two to dog poop. But scanning the last few post about no grass on the fairways - not hearsay - The last few weeks I've played is like hitting the ball off a billiard table.
Nice flat lie then?
Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
I refuse to take the time to review all the previous posts since this subject is probably only number two to dog poop. But scanning the last few post about no grass on the fairways - not hearsay - The last few weeks I've played is like hitting the ball off a billiard table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Nice flat lie then?
I"m not lying, it's the truth.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:

What specific courses are you talking about?
Steve
Old 12-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
What specific courses are you talking about?
Steve
Most recently Glenview and Orange Blossom. I suspect where we will go with this conversation next so let's try a different approach. The fairways in general on the championship courses in high season are pretty short without a lot of cushion. There may be a course maintenance reason for this. I"m no horticulturist. I am not a good enough golfer to hit the ball cleanly every shot which is required with no cushion. Also I bruise and hurt myself much easier than I did at 35 yr old. I know how to go down on the ball but afraid of the consequences nowadays. So I'm relaying what I think of the conditions and thus I play less during high season. I am not asking anyone to boycott. My question for you is short near bald fairways your favorite condition or do you tolerate the conditions because we have beautiful courses and they are extremely convenient for us to get to and not waste an entire day running off campus ?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
My question for you is short near bald fairways your favorite condition or do you tolerate the conditions because we have beautiful courses and they are extremely convenient for us to get to and not waste an entire day running off campus ?
Since you asked. I play each course, in or away, with what condition they are in. I don't moan and groan because a course is not up to my playing ability or expectations. I love short fairways, I take divots so that doesn't bother me. I don't mind the bunkers here either, compared to the beach sand I was used to playing in these are a walk in the park.
I play OB more than any other, it's close, usually in good shape and the greens are always in great condition and roll true.

Steve
Old 12-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Since you asked. I play each course, in or away, with what condition they are in. I don't moan and groan because a course is not up to my playing ability or expectations. I love short fairways, I take divots so that doesn't bother me. I don't mind the bunkers here either, compared to the beach sand I was used to playing in these are a walk in the park.

Steve
Enjoy. Again I'm not bi--hing. Simply stating the conditions don't fit my game. I suspect it doesn't fit a fair amount of other seniors game. I lived here long enough that I long grew out of the playing golf 6 days per week stage. It's also not as much fun as one watches their abilities dwindle with age But hey I'm still on the right side of the grass and able to do many physical things. Not all seniors are that lucky. Hit far and straight my friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
conditions, havana, golf, villages, excellent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.