Course  conditions

Course conditions

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Maybe I'm playing completely different courses, or maybe I have a different view of "awful", but I'm finding the championship courses to be in very good shape. In the past ten days I've played Lopez, Cane and Orange Blossom, and all three are in very nice condition. Fairways are lush, the rough not punishing, and the greens are smooth with nice speed. What courses are you complaining about? I don't like the deep faces in bunkers either, but that's golf. I'm more bothered by the lack of respect from other golfers who don't rake the sand.
Totally agree. Not raking traps, not filling in divots, NOT REPAIRING BALL MARKS, tossing cigarette butts...just to mention a few, that's what should be improved upon, and that ain't the fault of the courses!

Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Maybe I'm playing completely different courses, or maybe I have a different view of "awful", but I'm finding the championship courses to be in very good shape. In the past ten days I've played Lopez, Cane and Orange Blossom, and all three are in very nice condition. Fairways are lush, the rough not punishing, and the greens are smooth with nice speed. What courses are you complaining about? I don't like the deep faces in bunkers either, but that's golf. I'm more bothered by the lack of respect from other golfers who don't rake the sand.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Totally agree. Not raking traps, not filling in divots, NOT REPAIRING BALL MARKS, tossing cigarette butts...just to mention a few, that's what should be improved upon, and that ain't the fault of the courses!
When you see a cigarette butt on the green all you can think is wtf.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 AM
Sage

One thing I have noticed. Back home every tee thrash can was filled with empty beer cans. The starters would check your bag to make sure you're weren't bringing your own beer. Had to buy beer from the club house or the pretty girl driving the beverage cart for $3 a can. Here, you can do what you want and I never see anyone drink beer. Maybe it's all hard liquor, maybe people don't find drinking in the heat is fun anymore. I remember once playing with some young guys. One fellow bought a six pack for $18 on the 6th hole, by the 9th hole they were gone, I don't think I could hit the ball if I had done that.

The Villages Florida
Old 07-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
When you see a cigarette butt on the green all you can think is wtf.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think that when I see a butt any where. Seems like (some or most) smokers don't think flicking a butt is littering. Drives me crazy.

Disclaimer: I'm a cigar smoker. I see cigars as well.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage

The Villages Florida
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here, you can do what you want and I never see anyone drink beer. Maybe it's all hard liquor, maybe people don't find drinking in the heat is fun anymore.

The Villages Florida
I got hooked up with three women on an exec and after every hole they would do a shot of Fireball..........11:00 in the morning.
And I really miss the cart girls!
Steve
Old 08-19-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RtuWngs View Post
Does anybody know the reasoning for removing the 150 yard markers from Glenview's Tally Ho course. I have used those markers to estimate distance when beyond or within the posts. Now it will be necessary to search out the markers which will probably result in a slowdown in play. I sure hope The Villages do not remove these posts from other courses.
They are gone at Havana Kenya too. Was told for more ease of mowing staff. Suggest complaining to Pro of course

Tags
can’t, hit, rate, find, ball