Fivesome

Fivesome

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Fivesome
Old 06-10-2017, 09:59 AM

Default Fivesome

Played at Cane Garden on Thursday we made the turn and the last tee time 9:28 of the morning wave was teeing off, five women. The ambassador informed us that they were the guest of the pro. I was always told that foursomes were the max. The tee time office was called and asked the question and was referred to the pro Dave Williams. He made it clear it is within his purview to have a fivesome. I think this a bad policy and sets up many problems for the clubs and their employees.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdticket View Post
Played at Cane Garden on Thursday we made the turn and the last tee time 9:28 of the morning wave was teeing off, five women. The ambassador informed us that they were the guest of the pro. I was always told that foursomes were the max. The tee time office was called and asked the question and was referred to the pro Dave Williams. He made it clear it is within his purview to have a fivesome. I think this a bad policy and sets up many problems for the clubs and their employees.
I think we have to leave it up to the judgement of the pro-----perhaps they were 5 LPGA touring pros
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Gold member

It is not the purview of the professional to break the rules at his/her whim. It says "I am the boss and what I say goes no matter what the rules say". This professional is lacking in doing even the basics as a professional. If he/she'd done it at the least busy time of day then perhaps, perhaps it might be given a pass. The tee time office is complicit in this negative behavior and the professional and office need to be spoken to.

As to "perhaps they were 5 pga touring pros"...bull shirt! They might get special treatment at a private club, but not these. Poor judgement!!!!!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Sage

I have to believe after living here almost ten years and living too with a golfer who plays far more than I do...four days a week, that allowing a fivesome to play has to be as rare as hen's teeth. I don't recall seeing it and neither has he.

Perhaps we should see if it happens again before we get our knickers in a hitch.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Gold member

I for one haven't gotten my knickers in a hitch...if perhaps that's who you are referring to. The problem with non face to face communication(or ear to ear)is that you can not tell the "tone" of the message and it is very easy to "assume" you know the writers thinking. Most of the time we do not unless emoji's are used. I ought to know as I misunderstand people online all the time.

Since no emoji's were used my tone is matter of fact.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
I for one haven't gotten my knickers in a hitch...if perhaps that's who you are referring to. The problem with non face to face communication(or ear to ear)is that you can not tell the "tone" of the message and it is very easy to "assume" you know the writers thinking. Most of the time we do not unless emoji's are used. I ought to know as I misunderstand people online all the time.

Since no emoji's were used my tone is matter of fact.
Wasn't directing my post to you Fred. Rather to the OP.

I think playing five doesn't happen much. But I could be wrong and frequently am.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Can't get past a five some with 5 females........
Old 06-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Sage

I played there yesterday, if these were guests of the pro, he must really not like them or he would have sent them somewhere else.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
It is not the purview of the professional to break the rules at his/her whim. It says "I am the boss and what I say goes no matter what the rules say". This professional is lacking in doing even the basics as a professional. If he/she'd done it at the least busy time of day then perhaps, perhaps it might be given a pass. The tee time office is complicit in this negative behavior and the professional and office need to be spoken to.

As to "perhaps they were 5 pga touring pros"...bull shirt! They might get special treatment at a private club, but not these. Poor judgement!!!!!
Bull shirt... I am so stealing that.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:

Let's get real. You have NO IDEA who these 5 women were or WHY the pro let them out as a fivesome. Not LPGA pros? Probably not. U of F women's golf team???? H Gary Morse's grandchildren??/ Third generation Andrews sisters???? YOU simply have no idea. Does this pro frequently let out fivesomes??? YOU have no idea. Was he told by someone higher on the food chain to let them out. YOU have no idea.

Did they keep pace on the course, or were they 3 holes behind???? Did they hit the ball better than most male Villagers or were they just hacking around??? Since it seems to bother you, did you complain directly to the pro or the club manager at the time?????

Without the FACTS, all you are doing is extrapolating a "no fivesome" rule to all circumstances, and even ASSUMING the pro doesn't have the authority to use his discretion

Sorry to be so harsh, but I love golf as you apparently do, and to my mind the pro is the captain of the club ship. So I think his "orders" are to be obeyed, until such time as his pattern of actions lead to a "courts-martial"
Closed Thread

Tags
time, fivesome, pro, tee, made