Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrutyle109 View Post
And the winter rates are a joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Please quote me " don't play"
Same here as drcar; don't play or, better yet, go play off campus, spend the time and money to drive there and back; what have you gained? The courses off campus really aren't any better.

Go play off campus, there are plenty of people to take your place; over 3.5 million rounds here last year. Go play off campus.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Yeah, right. Can you honestly say that none of the 4,000+ people that have played on the "free day" in years past did no damage to the course? Didn't think so.

Driving through wet areas, driving too close and onto the greens, taking divots with practice shot after practice shot and not filling them in, putters being slammed onto the greens...... need I go on?
You mean the same type of damage that takes place on a daily basis here? Your argument is weak, and this discussion is getting old. I can think of at least 50+ posts over the last year of people complaining of bad behavior and golf etiquette on the courses...executive and champ courses alike.

But hey, let’s all have a Merry Christmas, and I’ll be willing to bet the courses will still be there tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

The courses are safe. less play than on a normal day.......at least on Palmer. I would venture to guess every champ course saw less than normal play.
Old 12-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

The same people complain about carnage on Christmas day year after year. My observation - boxing day life back to normal. If there is carnage that would do undo damage to detour people from further play the owner of the golf course would surely take notice. It's their wallet that would be impacted. So please explain why the owners (developers) would allow this practice to exist if it hits them where it hurts.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Frost delay until 8:30, hope people are patient and wear warm clothes for the wait!

Golf The Villages
It was a great day of golf. Hardly anyone on the course. Very comfortable in the sun.
Closed Thread

Tags
frost, delay, wait, clothes, warm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.