Glenview CC

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2022, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Glenview CC

Played Glenview yesterday . The condition of the course AGAIN is OUTSTANDING !

Fairways are “plush”…. As close to a private club as you can get .

Tee boxes are in great shape. MANY of the golf courses would welcome to have any of these tee boxes AS THEIR GREENS !

The greens ?? Just about as impeccable as you can get although a touch slow.

Sand traps are impeccable and they ALL were machine raked .

Well ? Did I say that the condition of the course is great ?

So I don’t know what Glenview is doing to maintain this sort of condition but the rest of the Championship courses need to take note and learn .

And yes , I do mention this to the pro/facilities manager at the clubs that are sub-par (such as Havana) but as we all know , the comments and suggestions fall on deaf ears …..
Old 02-28-2022, 09:00 AM

I agree with Glenview conditions. It is a shame that all TV courses cannot be brought up to the level of Glenview.
Palmer use to be the standard and it is playing now very sub-standard.
Old 02-28-2022, 04:27 PM

We played Glenview on the very cold Saturday several weeks back. It was in great condition then. We did not see anyone else on the course until our 25th hole.

Today played Hacienda. The Oaks nine leaves a lot to be desired (cutting down at least half of the oak trees would certainly help); however the Palms was in nice shape.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
We played Glenview on the very cold Saturday several weeks back. It was in great condition then. We did not see anyone else on the course until our 25th hole.

Today played Hacienda. The Oaks nine leaves a lot to be desired (cutting down at least half of the oak trees would certainly help); however the Palms was in nice shape.
That was probably me you saw that cold Saturday at Glenview, and I agree the conditions were great. I also agree with your take on Hacienda. Both the Oaks and Lakes could use some extensive tree removal to improve the OK, but not great, conditions. The Palms on the other hand is in very good condition and in my opinion is on the list as one of the top ten nine holes in the Villages.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:29 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post

Tee boxes are in great shape. MANY of the golf courses would welcome to have any of these tee boxes AS THEIR GREENS !

So I don’t know what Glenview is doing to maintain this sort of condition but the rest of the Championship courses need to take note and learn .

And yes , I do mention this to the pro/facilities manager at the clubs that are sub-par (such as Havana) but as we all know , the comments and suggestions fall on deaf ears …..
Good news. We're playing there tomorrow morning.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:31 PM
Platinum member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That was probably me you saw that cold Saturday at Glenview, and I agree the conditions were great. I also agree with your take on Hacienda. Both the Oaks and Lakes could use some extensive tree removal to improve the OK, but not great, conditions. The Palms on the other hand is in very good condition and in my opinion is on the list as one of the top ten nine holes in the Villages.
NOOOO, do not remove any trees. Makes play more challenging...
Old 03-01-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
And contributes considerably to the lack of grass in numerous areas.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post

You are 100% correct on EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 03-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Default Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Yes….but the trees also throw to much shade in areas and can suck up a lot of the water
Old 03-09-2022, 04:59 PM
Default totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
I agree with Glenview conditions. It is a shame that all TV courses cannot be brought up to the level of Glenview.
Palmer use to be the standard and it is playing now very sub-standard.
Brought my brother and his best friend to Palmer and I was totally embarrassed as to the condition should have taken them off campus.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUnderwood View Post
Brought my brother and his best friend to Palmer and I was totally embarrassed as to the condition should have taken them off campus.
Take them to Glenview. I guarantee none of you will be disappointed !
Old 03-21-2022, 07:01 AM

Palmer has issues that has lingered on for years, it's doesn't live up to one of the top 3 premier courses in the Villages. It can not hold a candle to Nancy Lopez or Glenview. It's time to shut it down and remove the greens and start over again. Throughout the course there are greens that show little grass mixed in the tar like soil that sticks to your golfball and isn't sandy enough for grass to produce a good root system. Just fix a ball mark and see that there is a shallow root system and the soil is compacted. Always disappointed when we get that course in our group. Just for those that wonder I always ask to not put it in our selction of courses to play.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:28 AM

It's been that way for years. I brought a couple that was visiting 5 years ago and the conditions were not near what they should be for an alleged PREMIER GOLF COURSE. Some of the executive courses are in better shape.
I just asked my friend that books our golf group if he could leave Palmer off the list. I'm tired of nothing improving there.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:20 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=jarodrig;2066702]Played Glenview yesterday . The condition of the course AGAIN is OUTSTANDING !

And yes , I do mention this to the pro/facilities manager at the clubs that are sub-par (such as Havana) but as we all know , the comments and suggestions fall on deaf ears

Agree 100%. This course is no doubt a premium course. Based upon conditions would not be surprised that in the future there is surcharge to play it and management should lower other courses pricing.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:39 PM

Glenview remains the benchmark. Played Bonifay today and was lucky to find some grass within a couple feet of the ball.
If one course in the same ecological area can reliably provide a quality product, the fault clearly lies with the operation. Enough excuses.
Closed Thread

Tags
glenview, condition, tee, great, boxes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.