Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Golf course discussion for week of April 2021 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/golf-course-discussion-week-april-2021-a-319025/)

Bogie Shooter 04-28-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrym823 (Post 1936545)
As someone in the process of moving to TV, EVERY golfer who I have been set up with has complained that TV continues to add more and more and more houses (ie revenue), but NOT nearly enough golf courses -- particularly exec courses (ie expense).
How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does TV need?
We need more executive courses and other infrastructure to keep up with the hundreds of new houses that TV roll out every month.

What good is "free golf for life" is you can't get on a course?

Let’s see......in process of moving to Tv and complaining already.

Bogie Shooter 04-28-2021 06:04 PM

For what it’s worth..played Lopez today everything in great condition.

golf2140 04-28-2021 06:34 PM

Played Tierra today, greens were true and fast. Course in great shape. Has anyone played Orange Blossom lately, what condition is it in?

ehonour 04-28-2021 07:06 PM

Need to put this all in perspective, folks. Last week during my return from Virginia, we stopped at Hilton Head Island for two nights, just so I could play one of the famous resort golf courses. Got a tee time at Sea Pines Resort, Atlantic Dunes course. Paid $250 for one single round. There were some nice amenities in the form of cordial helpers around the bag drop and starter, and a drink cart that came by us probably five times during the round.

However, the condition of the course was in essence no better than what I see here at home in The Villages. Fairways were cut too short, leaving little grass to cradle the ball. Roughs were also too short, with some bare spots. Color of the turf was still brownish. Greens were smooth and well-laid, but not always consistent roll.

So all in all, comparing our courses at $40-60 to this resort course at $250, I think we've got a pretty good deal.

ladila2 04-29-2021 08:29 AM

Golf in The Villages

Coming from Naples. Florida, I can see quite a difference in golf course management. In The Villages, the money goes into the pocket and certainly not into golf course management and improvement. The green fees are tweaked but not the course conditions!
Soon a Boycott will be in place??

dewilson58 04-29-2021 08:37 AM

Bonifay in good shape yesterday.

Bogie Shooter 04-29-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladila2 (Post 1937009)
Coming from Naples. Florida, I can see quite a difference in golf course management. In The Villages, the money goes into the pocket and certainly not into golf course management and improvement. The green fees are tweaked but not the course conditions!

Help yourself.......
I’m out!

Two Bills 04-29-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Don't hold your breath!:icon_wink:

Hape2Bhr 04-29-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkman (Post 1936757)
Haven't played that course in years, used to have a friend who lived right next door to it. We're heading back up north next week, I may have to hit it up again for old time sake.

You will not believe the improvements...Thorney Lea wanted to hire the Super a couple of years ago. The city still has him and he doesn't have the private club headaches (members). :coolsmiley:

JMintzer 04-30-2021 01:16 PM

Played Sterling Heights yesterday. The fairways were a bit thin, but you're not suppose to be on them, right? ;)

The few I hit (the par 4s) were quite easy to hit off of. Made a shallow divot, filled it with sand and headed to the green (which were quite nice!).

drcar 04-30-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

LOL, let everyone know how the boycott is working. The courses are super busy.

dewilson58 04-30-2021 02:51 PM

Glenview was great today.

Funkman 04-30-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr (Post 1937177)
You will not believe the improvements...Thorney Lea wanted to hire the Super a couple of years ago. The city still has him and he doesn't have the private club headaches (members). :coolsmiley:

Good to know, finally got to play Thorney Lea couple of years ago and loved it. Can't blame the Super for staying with the city (at least until he gets that pension time) that's got to be a nice gig to have

Funkman 04-30-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1937591)
Glenview was great today.

Best maintained course down here, imho

JSR22 04-30-2021 04:42 PM

Belle Glade was fine today.