Golf course discussion for week of April 2021

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2021, 06:43 AM
Default Golf

Its really unbelievable that we pay 164 dollars a month and have to pay winter rates.now they extend the winter rates another month.$$$$$$ .if the courses were worth the money ok.some really suck.people that LIVE here should pay same rate year round. Notice: you want revenue? In give people!e who live here to play here! Duh!!!!
Old 04-28-2021, 06:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Also play championship courses and the cited comment was meant for cart use on all areas where carts travel. I agreed with the origional single person cart decision, however , it is taking a high toll on grass .
Old 04-28-2021, 07:01 AM
Platinum member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
We drove past Kenya yesterday and noticed that the fairways (#1 and #9 were all we could see) were aerated as the cores were all over the fairways. A step in the right direction hopefully.
I saw them strip all the grass off Kenya #9 and put new grass down. We'll see if that makes a difference.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink1627 View Post
Its really unbelievable that we pay 164 dollars a month and have to pay winter rates.

If you're talking about the amenity fee, that has nothing to do with champ courses
Old 04-28-2021, 07:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

I used to work at Havana several years back, when Chris Debusk was the head pro there. Every morning, before the maintenance crew arrived, Chris would ride the course and make certain it was in immaculate condition. After his ride, he met with the crew chief and gave him a list of areas that needed attention. Havana, under Chris, was one of the best kept courses in TV. It'd be nice to have Chris back.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:40 AM
Default Too many houses; not enough golf courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlee024 View Post
Played Havana about 2 months ago, green, fairway, and tees were in very bad shape. We took them out of our rotation. Put them back in an played there today, 4/26/2021. Not a whole lot of improvement progress. Many of the greens still had places that were burnt out or just sand. All of the greens had many many weeds. Tees were in better shape, but a lot of the fairways still had very bare and thin on grass.

Hard to believe as much money has the golf courses net, they can't put and keep a course in top notch shape. We are paying premium dollars for muni course condition, just sad.
As someone in the process of moving to TV, EVERY golfer who I have been set up with has complained that TV continues to add more and more and more houses (ie revenue), but NOT nearly enough golf courses -- particularly exec courses (ie expense).
How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does TV need?
We need more executive courses and other infrastructure to keep up with the hundreds of new houses that TV roll out every month.

What good is "free golf for life" is you can't get on a course?
Old 04-28-2021, 08:22 AM
Cool Bonifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bonifay was in great shape this week.

Belle Glade was in great shape this week.
I played Bonifey on Saturday and the greens and fairways were NOT in good shape. Bumpy, bare spots and not a lot of grass. Not worth the $47. Glenview yesterday was is excellent shape, tee thru greens. Something ain't right.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:04 AM

I/we play outside the bubble every week, as I refuse to pay the fees here, for the terrible conditions(concrete fairways). Many of the ones we've played at, were in much better conditions, and for less than half the cost.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Default Conditions on Bonita Pass

[QUOTE=Shbullet;1936383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Played Bonita Pass last night- Conditions so bad that it does not even qualify as a "Golf Course" . Better described as a "Cow Pasture"
No grass on tees and little on greens. Here ten years and never have seen this level of poor conditions on exec courses. Too many people for the number of courses. Need to return to limiting single passenger carts.[/QUOTE
]

Im trying to understand your solution to return to limiting passenger carts. BP has no par 4s so what would this do to help the condition of the tees and greens as you mention are in poor shape
I agree with the above poster, BP has no par 4's, hence, carts should not be on the fairways. Number of carts has no bearing on the conditions of the greens nor the tee boxes. This is another example of listening to media hype and not paying attention to the facts.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:06 PM

There is no excuse for such bad conditions especially on executive courses.If there was a desire to keep them up they would be like the ones outside the Villages. For a place that promotes itself as a golfing paradise you would expect better and you deserve better.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:32 PM

Think they are bad now just wait they are cutting back on course ambassador’s they fill the holes on the tee boxes fix ball marks on the greens pick up broken tees.
Also help direct first responders to medical issues on the golf course.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear5325! View Post
Think they are bad now just wait they are cutting back on course ambassador’s
That's not written in stone......................yet
Old 04-28-2021, 05:35 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink1627 View Post
Its really unbelievable that we pay 164 dollars a month and have to pay winter rates.now they extend the winter rates another month.$$$$$$ Duh!!!!
Posters are amazing.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:39 PM

[QUOTE=drcar41@aol.com;1936610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post

I agree with the above poster, BP has no par 4's, hence, carts should not be on the fairways. Number of carts has no bearing on the conditions of the greens nor the tee boxes. This is another example of listening to media hype and not paying attention to the facts.
What about the millions of foot steps/traffic on the greens and tees EVERYDAY? Much harder on the turf then a cart driving over certain areas.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I played DW Field (a muni) in Brocton MA yesterday for $27, walking. It is in fantastic shape, with fast greens. It's in better shape than the club I belong to.
Haven't played that course in years, used to have a friend who lived right next door to it. We're heading back up north next week, I may have to hit it up again for old time sake.
Closed Thread

Tags
shape, greens, put, lot, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.