Golf Courses are Looking Great.

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Augusta National has no collars................hate to say, but I've putted from 20 feet off of their greens. Just close your eyes and pretend you are in Georgia.
I putt from as far out as seems workable. I putt out of sand traps if there is no major lip. Played with a friend who decided to tease me by putting from 95 yards out. One of those fairways with very short or no grass. He put it on the green in birdie distance. He's rethinking his approach to the game.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,306 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Bunkers are in sad shape at most of the courses. My pet peeve.
We have a rule, if the sand is caked or almost not there, we pick up the ball and rake the sand for a lie then place the ball.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We have a rule, if the sand is caked or almost not there, we pick up the ball and rake the sand for a lie then place the ball.
Same here, especially with the rain we've been having. We always play lift, clean and place for the same reason.
Steve
Old 07-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I am happy with the courses. Only wish would be a little more grass on the collar around the green. That would take away putting from 10 yards for my opponents (lol)
Just more grass for the people with the RA tags to pack down as they drive well within the 15' they are required to keep their carts away from the greens.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

we have been away for two months.
Played Churchill Saturday.....very obvious there is a change in condition....for the better.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:39 AM

I agree with the conditions of the courses. I play mainly the Championship ones, and all that I have played recently have decent fairways and nice greens. I have played only four exec's in the past two or three weeks and they have all had nice greens. Of course, this is the time of the year when Bermuda grass grows well; it does not grow at all in the winter months here.

Tags
courses, sweetgum, mangrove, good, open

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.