Hacienda Hills 9/3/21

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts
Default Hacienda Hills 9/3/21

Just finished playing Lakes-Oaks. Should have stayed in bed.

The fairway grass is already sparse and patchy, some areas are burned out----looks something like our winter "rough". However, go 2 inches off the fairway and you might lose your ball in 3 inch Bermuda (in places), other places are already hardpan.

The greens , frankly, $ucked. Running a solid 5 on the stimpmeter or less No consistency, almost impossible to hit a 30 footer hard enough to get it to the hole, bumpy, irregular and boasting 17 "lumpy donuts"

The sand traps looked OK, I managed to avoid all of them so I'm not sure what they were like.

And the Coup de gras was the practice green; it looked like Dr. Zeuss's worst nightmare. It prompted my playing partner to quip: "They should have demolished the practice green and left the clubhouse standing"

And to top it off, the two groups ahead of us finished 26 minutes behind pace (to which the "ambassador" stated---"it's busy today")

Do yourself a favor and stay away!

Stay Away!
Old 09-03-2021, 02:26 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

You didn't happen to find a pocket knife off the 9th green of the Lakes?
Old 09-03-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
You didn't happen to find a pocket knife off the 9th green of the Lakes?
Thank God I didn't---I probably would have used it to cut my wrists
Old 09-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Thank God I didn't---I probably would have used it to cut my wrists
I'm glad you didn't then! that knife is a sharp mother!
Old 09-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100

I played them the day before and agree with every bit of that. The fairways look like they have not had any water in months and the rough just off of them is so high you almost have to take an unplayable if you can even find your ball. Had a lie on Lakes # 6 15 feet from the hole (which is normally a great approach shot) inches off the fairway and the rough was so high we almost gave up looking for it.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Shhhhhh, don’t tell anyone about the poor conditions. We are building a bunch of villas where the pro shop used to be and want to get the maximum golf course premium for them.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:20 AM

Thank you for this post on conditions at Hacienda. I was considering playing there today because so many other champ courses have been aerated recently. Glad I decided to play exec instead!
Old 09-04-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
Thank you for this post on conditions at Hacienda. I was considering playing there today because so many other champ courses have been aerated recently. Glad I decided to play exec instead!
As always, getting them all prepped up for the snowbirds to destroy.
After snowbirds leave, a lot of GCs are close for repairs. Same old story every year
Old 09-05-2021, 05:14 AM
Default Hacienda Hills Golf

Quote:

The fairway grass is already sparse and patchy, some areas are burned out----looks something like our winter "rough". However, go 2 inches off the fairway and you might lose your ball in 3 inch Bermuda (in places), other places are already hardpan.

The greens , frankly, $ucked. Running a solid 5 on the stimpmeter or less No consistency, almost impossible to hit a 30 footer hard enough to get it to the hole, bumpy, irregular and boasting 17 "lumpy donuts"

The sand traps looked OK, I managed to avoid all of them so I'm not sure what they were like.

And the Coup de gras was the practice green; it looked like Dr. Zeuss's worst nightmare. It prompted my playing partner to quip: "They should have demolished the practice green and left the clubhouse standing"

And to top it off, the two groups ahead of us finished 26 minutes behind pace (to which the "ambassador" stated---"it's busy today")

Stay Away!
I played Palms to the Lakes on Friday and the greens were terrible. You couldn't hit the ball hard enough to get to the hole. The fairways are barren and the roughs were tall enough to hide golf balls. Lots of spots that need fill. and grass. Pathetic condition. One of the guys said that's because the $ is all going south. He's probably right. I live on the Palms and I know they try, but it really needs a lot more than a try...
Old 09-05-2021, 05:17 AM

BTW some of the traps were a muddy mess. Some guy came by a ran around in the traps at about 90 mph in his little tractor and piled up the sand and never bothered to rake it down or work on the sides.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Stay Away!
If you dont play it there will be more t times open for us
Old 09-05-2021, 10:28 AM

HOW SAD with everything going on in the world the only heartbreak, and wrist slashing problem is a poor quality golf course. We wont look for sympathy for the continual deaths or hospitalization, of Floridian ( by the Governor) from you. How sad.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
If you dont play it there will be more t times open for us
Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
HOW SAD with everything going on in the world the only heartbreak, and wrist slashing problem is a poor quality golf course. We wont look for sympathy for the continual deaths or hospitalization, of Floridian ( by the Governor) from you. How sad.
It must take the intellect of a tree stump to take the disingenuous wrist slashing quip literally

And while I didn't think it was possible, that post turned a golf course condition thread into a POLITICAL COVID statement. Some people must have a one track "mind"
Old 09-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:

Stay Away!
I wish that I could feel that pain, but I come from a different set of opinions. TV Land golf courses contribute to fertilizer runoff, which has polluted many small lakes - and may (?) be why the fish from these lakes can not be eaten as they have too much mercury in them. I am NOT trying to start an argument with any particular person. I would just like to put some of my cards (really opinions) on the table for consideration by the mass intelligence of the group forum. More cards (opinions)........golf courses have cut down many trees that were previously sending oxygen into the atmosphere and absorbing carbon dioxide. Trees and shrubs absorb smoke and other internal combustion engine pollutants - preventing to a degree the hole in the ozone layer. So, golf courses and other factors have caused global warming (or climate change to be euphemistic about it). It is a problem that is not talked about enough. I don't expect TV Landers to suddenly become tree huggers, but I thought that it would be nice for golfers to know that others disagree with their game. Pickleball takes up less trees! And does NOT require gasoline motorized vehicles to further pollute the world. There were once small indoor golf ranges with screens to sense the depth and accuracy of a drive or iron shot. That was 50 years ago. Today with A.I. and robotics I would imagine that technology in combination with actual fairways and putting greens could produce a better golfing experience (after all that BAD physical experience is what this very thread is about) - while being kinder to Mother EARTH. Thank you, sincerely!
Closed Thread

Tags
practice, places, playing, fairway, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.