Hacienda Hills 9/3/21

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2021, 07:03 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Just finished playing Lakes-Oaks. Should have stayed in bed.

The fairway grass is already sparse and patchy, some areas are burned out----looks something like our winter "rough". However, go 2 inches off the fairway and you might lose your ball in 3 inch Bermuda (in places), other places are already hardpan.

The greens , frankly, $ucked. Running a solid 5 on the stimpmeter or less No consistency, almost impossible to hit a 30 footer hard enough to get it to the hole, bumpy, irregular and boasting 17 "lumpy donuts"

The sand traps looked OK, I managed to avoid all of them so I'm not sure what they were like.

And the Coup de gras was the practice green; it looked like Dr. Zeuss's worst nightmare. It prompted my playing partner to quip: "They should have demolished the practice green and left the clubhouse standing"

And to top it off, the two groups ahead of us finished 26 minutes behind pace (to which the "ambassador" stated---"it's busy today")

Do yourself a favor and stay away!

Stay Away!
Its a game! Not a world ending event
Old 09-13-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I have noticed that the general sport of golf, like polo, and horse racing is participated in by a class (level) of society that tends to be LESS empathetic than say basketball and volleyball players. Certainly, there are empathetic golfers and non-empathetic volleyball players, but as a general class, those generalities would stand. We all have our tribes and that blind allegiance to our tribes is a MAIN cause of those more important, real-life problems that you refer to. The whole US stands on a knifes edge between empathy and tribal violent behaviors. Good luck! Let us hope that the meek will really inherit the earth!
I've been looking for studies that show how much CO2 is absorbed by basketball courts/stadiums, but cannot seem to find any?
Old 09-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Default Oh, Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The problem is the original premise---THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING CAUSED BY MANKIND. IT IS A MYTH PERPETUATED BY THOSE WITH SOME KIND OF POLITICAL AGENDA AND ONE OF THE BIGGEST CON JOBS IN HUMAN HISTORY. I've posted the paleoclimatology behind the cyclical changes in Earth's history several times. Short version---WE ARE IN AN ICE AGE, AND HAVE BEEN IN THIS ONE FOR ABOUT 4 MILLION YEARS. During this time, there are periods of glaciation and periods of interglacial thaws. We are currently in a thaw which started about 17,000 years ago and we will continue to have "global warming" for about another 15,000 years. Then we will start cooling again on the way to another period of glaciation. So, take NYC for example. In about 5-10,000 years it will be under 100-200 feet of water. 30,000 years later it will be under 2 miles of ice. These cycles are about 60,000 years in length and have been going on for 4 million years. And Guess what----IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUV'S, CARBON FOOTPRINTS, BURNING COAL IN CHINA AND INDIA----NOTHING. But merrily, merrily the MSM, the Hollyweird crowd, those left of center continue to repeat this myth, and are willing to spend 100 trillion dollars over the next 50 years to "fight it" Cervantes would be proud of how far we have come in tilting at windmills.

Now, I can see the response already----most scientists agree that we are causing "global warming"----the same scientists that are dependent on government stipends and grants to survive. Try looking at those that are independent of the government and see what they say.
I LOVE it........ You better run for cover......
Old 09-15-2021, 07:58 AM
Default Political discussion? (Green advocate?)

Please turn this 'bleeding heart' off!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
"Someone" has no idea how many trees are on any given golf course!
Real golfers know
There are a s---load of trees at Hacienda Hills and they probably contribute to the poor quality of this golf course, due to lack of sunlight. Fairways and greens on the Palm 9 and are in much better shape than greens and fairways the Oaks 9 and Lakes 9

Not an expert, but do beleive they need to close it down and install new fairways and greens and use a newer variety of turf grass which is more shade tolerant. When they do this need to selectively remove trees Bet the fairways/greens are the same grasses used when course built.

Lastly no posts about high concentration of weeds. Appears supetintendent has no clue as to what is going on, unless he just does not care.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
OMG!!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Forgive her, for she knows not what she says
Old 09-16-2021, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 04:03 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Hacienda

I played there tuesday. Putting green was terrible but greens on course were ok, not fast, but not slow like some of the posts mentioned. Fairways were sparse so we played roll them . Not perfect, but have played worst.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts
Talking

Quote:
You're obviously not a real golfer. It's much more important - than a "world-ending" event. LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
practice, places, playing, fairway, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.