Havana (Kenya)

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
I played the Kenya nine today. I have no words to describe the horrible conditions on that course. There is literally no grass on the fairways and greens are in terrible shape. They should not even charge us to play. I have seen public courses that get a lot more play in better condition. Don’t waste your money.
Complaining about Fairways on a golf course... Life is good. I bet the Mixed Drinks had one too many ice cubes
Old 01-27-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galmarini View Post
Played Havana today Greens are in BAD shape
Cane Garden and Lopez are in great shape. Hacienda as well. Different grass up there, or maybe in a different time zone?
Old 01-27-2021, 07:09 AM
Default Thank you for facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
The Government relaxed the restrictions, and relied on people being sensible.
Did not work, hence the big stick.
With the new varient virus prevelant here, our numbers threatened to overwhelm the hospitals, so something had to be done.
Restrictions seem to be working, as R number is falling.
Vaccinations are going well at present, and unlike the rest of Europe, we do not have a vaccine shortage at the moment, but tommorow is another day!
It is increasingly rare to see anyone speak facts. Especially when referencing any number of comments on government. Thank you.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galmarini View Post
Played Havana today Greens are in BAD shape
Played Kilimanjaro and Kenya today. Horrible conditions on the greens. No grass, mostly mud. We did ask a groundskeeper and we’re told it was due to fungus. What, did they run out of fungicide? Winter conditions are what they are here but there’s no excuse for this.
Old 01-28-2021, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRich View Post
Complaining about Fairways on a golf course... Life is good. I bet the Mixed Drinks had one too many ice cubes
Any time some pays there money for something and the quality is not what it should be they have every right to complain. If you bought a new car and it kept breaking down you'd complain about that. If you went to a concert and the musicians didn't perform well you might complain about that. If you go to a restaurant and pay a lot of money for bad food we'd all hear about that.

Why is it that when it comes to golf people believe that we have no right to complain? Why is it when someone is driving fast in a golf cart people will always mock them for being late for their tee time? Being late for your tee time can cause you to lose it.

We hear complaints about the roads, the lack of flowers, the grass not being maintained, the water in the pools not being the right temperature and a myriad of other things. Those are all OK, but when it comes to golf we are just supposed to shut up, pay our money and be happy.

Oh, and by the way, did you happen to notice that this is a forum specifically created to report golf course conditions?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Any time some pays there money for something and the quality is not what it should be they have every right to complain. If you bought a new car and it kept breaking down you'd complain about that. If you went to a concert and the musicians didn't perform well you might complain about that. If you go to a restaurant and pay a lot of money for bad food we'd all hear about that.

Why is it that when it comes to golf people believe that we have no right to complain? Why is it when someone is driving fast in a golf cart people will always mock them for being late for their tee time? Being late for your tee time can cause you to lose it.

We hear complaints about the roads, the lack of flowers, the grass not being maintained, the water in the pools not being the right temperature and a myriad of other things. Those are all OK, but when it comes to golf we are just supposed to shut up, pay our money and be happy.

Oh, and by the way, did you happen to notice that this is a forum specifically created to report golf course conditions?

You are completely correct Dr Winston in MHO. There are usually 2 regulars on this forum that really dislike posters that bring up issues in the villages. (particularly golf) One of them isn't even a golfer anymore. I think its good to hear about a golf course that is in terrible shape compared to others so golfers dont waste their money on that particular course.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
Played Kilimanjaro and Kenya today. Horrible conditions on the greens. No grass, mostly mud. We did ask a groundskeeper and we’re told it was due to fungus. What, did they run out of fungicide? Winter conditions are what they are here but there’s no excuse for this.
I'm playing Kilimanjaro to Kenya tomorrow, but I was expecting that. I've gotten use to the thin grass on the fairways, actually made me improve my game by hitting the ball first and not the ground. The greens have been like putting on a driveway at any course lately. The way they always pick the pin placements, they must look for the most unlevel area.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
This is a common complaint here with regard to no grass on the fairways. Many either don't know or forget that the Bermuda grass that is used on most southern courses goes dormant in the winter. It does not grow even when fertilized unless the temperature is consistently warm. In the past many southern courses overseeded with rye grass in the winter months. This provided "grass" but when spring comes, the rye dies out and the Bermuda is coming out of dormancy. During this period the two grasses compete with each other, often weakening the Bermuda grass, slowing its growth, and making it more susceptible to disease. Plus it is very expensive to oversee all the fairways with rye. Thus, many, but not all have stopped the winter overseed.
How can you say that? Go play Evans Praire, looks great. Just like people’s yards, it’s how they take care of them.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:05 AM

I agree totally. I normally do not complain about conditions of the courses here. But, I played there with a group of friends yesterday, and that course is in the worst condition I’ve ever seen it. And this is not the same as the rest of the championship courses Here in the villages. Greens were in absolutely terrible shape! I have guest in town and was embarrassed to have taken them there.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:46 AM

Keep scalping all the fairways on Championship courses and that is what you get. Need to let there be some grass in fairways
Closed Thread

Tags
kenya, play, courses, charge, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.