Mallory Conditions

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2021, 06:54 AM
Default Mallory Conditions

Played Mallory, Caroline to Virginia. Still tight lies, although grass appears to be greening well and just starting to grow. Fairways and tees in good condition...greens not so much. Number 5 green on Caroline needs to be closed. It's so bumpy and has so many small spots with no grass that it's impossible to putt a line to the hole anywhere on that green. Most other greens also were not in great condition, with uneven surfaces due to lack of grass. Not a bad course to play, but don't expect much on the greens yet.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Played Mallory, Caroline to Virginia. Still tight lies, although grass appears to be greening well and just starting to grow. Fairways and tees in good condition...greens not so much. Number 5 green on Caroline needs to be closed. It's so bumpy and has so many small spots with no grass that it's impossible to putt a line to the hole anywhere on that green. Most other greens also were not in great condition, with uneven surfaces due to lack of grass. Not a bad course to play, but don't expect much on the greens yet.
I agree, good evaluation
Old 03-13-2021, 08:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Caroline

Okay, I'll just put down my usual 7 on the 5th and bypass it.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:49 AM

Played Caroline yesterday - the course is in desperate need of maintenance. Except for a couple of greens it was impossible to putt. I'm shocked at what they charge for a course in this condition. Certainly would not take a guest there. I would be embarrassed!
Old 03-30-2021, 07:40 AM
Thumbs down Paying Full Price for Courses in Horrible Conditions

My response is that all of our complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. We played Mallory yesterday - 28 guys in the group - and the course conditions were terrible. Caroline needs to be shut down & the Greens repaired. We get stuck paying $47 for a course that is comparable to $19 on Golf Now for these conditions.

HOW do we get the message to the powers that be that this needs to change? Havana, Hacienda and Mallory are almost unplayable !!!
Old 03-30-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king and his court View Post
My response is that all of our complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. We played Mallory yesterday - 28 guys in the group - and the course conditions were terrible. Caroline needs to be shut down & the Greens repaired. We get stuck paying $47 for a course that is comparable to $19 on Golf Now for these conditions.

HOW do we get the message to the powers that be that this needs to change? Havana, Hacienda and Mallory are almost unplayable !!!
I took a visiting friend to Harbor Hills yesterday...would not subject him to TV prices and/or conditions.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I took a visiting friend to Harbor Hills yesterday...would not subject him to TV prices and/or conditions.
And you probably paid less and didn't have to use your own cart. The villages charges a heck of a lot for convenience. There are plenty of places outside the bubble that charge much less with better conditions.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:58 PM

Played today, Caroline to Virginia.
5th green on Caroline is a disgrace as are many others. Worth, maybe $27 for 18, at most. Time to head off-campus.
Played Lopez last week and it was spectacular!
Old 03-30-2021, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Agree with all. Played yesterday Caroline to Virginia. Awful. The Morse people should be ashamed .
Old 03-31-2021, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Agree with all. Played yesterday Caroline to Virginia. Awful. The Morse people should be ashamed .
It starts getting old when you drive it on the fairway, and your reward is hitting your second shot off a hardpan dirt lie. It's not unique to Mallory. In January, I get it. But the weather is as good as it gets now, and still we can't grow grass?
Old 04-06-2021, 08:58 AM

Bermuda will not grow until soil temps are in the 70’s. Our fairways are Bermuda, greens as well.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by king and his court View Post

Don't play the course?
Closed Thread

Tags
grass, greens, mallory, green, condition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.