Played Mallory today..
Terrible condition.
Greens were packed mud.
They should shut the place down.
All for a priority price of $47.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Played Redfish Run Ex. today. Greens pretty good.
Golf game was c**p, but putting was very good!
Wife slaughtered me.
Having Chicken en crout for dinner tonight.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobavery View Post
Played Mallory today.. Good for you.
Terrible condition. Don't think so, played there this week.
Greens were packed mud. See above.
They should shut the place down. Don't think so.
Then play elsewhere, pay their green fees, pay the gas and figure in the expense on your vehicle.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Mallory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobavery View Post
Played Mallory today..
Terrible condition.
Greens were packed mud.
They should shut the place down.
Which nines? I'm playing Caroline Thursday, which I hate because it is an evil course. Am I going to hate it more now because of conditions?
Old 02-20-2020, 07:45 AM
Gold member

I do not understand how some of you can defend the at times terrible conditions of these courses. Are you so afraid of criticism of your holy place? The fact is not to have to go to other places, it is to get these courses playable. We do pay money for them they are not free. They make a great amount of money off of these courses paid by us. They should be better. Maybe you like to be taken advantage of Not me. Yes we are going off campus a little more not that it will make any difference to owners. As long as people continue to defend these mediocre tracks nothing will change. Ask any 100 golfers if they would travel 1/2 hour to play these courses and yuo can guess the answer. Convenience plain and simple, that's what they sell. Not price, not conditions. They have a captive audience . Finally as for expense, the Villages golf is no longer a bargain. Many golf courses in area little cheaper and far better conditions. Luckily for Villages Julliette Falls isn't a 1/2 hour closer or none of my groups would play here. Some of you are satisfied to be ripped off some of us get upset. I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours
Old 02-20-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I do not understand how some of you can defend the at times terrible conditions of these courses.

Not a single post on this thread defending conditions.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Funny, but most of the complaining I here as I play different exec. courses, are from those who are having a bad round, and are looking for an excuse.
Played Walnut Grove, which is in very good nick, with a chap a few weeks ago who was having a nighmare round, and every bad shot was the fault of the course.
Even his tees were wrong material!
Having said that, the trio of courses at Pimlico still need some work.
Most other Execs are have improved greatly from last year, when in my opinion they were not good at all.
JMO.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I do not understand how some of you can defend the at times terrible conditions of these courses. Are you so afraid of criticism of your holy place? The fact is not to have to go to other places, it is to get these courses playable. We do pay money for them they are not free. They make a great amount of money off of these courses paid by us. They should be better. Maybe you like to be taken advantage of Not me. Yes we are going off campus a little more not that it will make any difference to owners. As long as people continue to defend these mediocre tracks nothing will change. Ask any 100 golfers if they would travel 1/2 hour to play these courses and yuo can guess the answer. Convenience plain and simple, that's what they sell. Not price, not conditions. They have a captive audience . Finally as for expense, the Villages golf is no longer a bargain. Many golf courses in area little cheaper and far better conditions. Luckily for Villages Julliette Falls isn't a 1/2 hour closer or none of my groups would play here. Some of you are satisfied to be ripped off some of us get upset. I guess my expectations are a little higher than yours
Thank you, a commonsense post. For the life of me I cannot figure out why people are so accepting of poor golf conditions on The Villages. To be honest what I think is many people are not really accepting of the poor golf conditions but they don’t want to travel to play golf at better golf courses even though it may be cheaper. And the villages knows they have a captive crowd so they do what they can get away with. And it’s pretty clear to me that there are people posting on talk of the villages that are aligned with the villages in someway so the responses can be skewed in favor of TV.

Last edited by Love2Swim; 02-21-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:11 PM

I played yesterday, I wish I had known. Had a visitor from up north, we paid full rate for terrible greens. They should have given a discount or not charged. Is there anywhere we can quickly look up the course conditions in the future?
Old 02-20-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Thank you, a commonsense post. For the life of me I cannot figure out why people are so accepting of poor golf conditions on The Villages. To be honest what I think is many people are not really excepting of the poor golf conditions but they don’t want to travel to play golf at batter golf course is even though it may be cheaper. And the villages knows they have a captive ideas so they do what they can get away with. And it’s pretty clear to me that there are people posting on talk of the villages that are aligned with the villages in someway so the responses can be skewed in favor of TV.

When a course condition goes down hill (which all courses do), people aren't accepting of the poor conditions................they are understanding. Big difference between the two types of individuals.

I'm not sure if anyone likes when a course is not in happy condition. But continually whining about it on a public voice board does not good.

It's the same people coming on ToTV and whining about: Dog Poop, Golf Conditions, Reserved Seating, Bridges to No Where, Sinking Bridges, NW of the Developer, The Good Old Days, Food Quality, etc.

It's a choice on how you want to live your life, with a coffee cup 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.

A choice. I choose to enjoy.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Course conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Call Sheriff Farmer if someone is forcing you to play it. Hell, I think we have posters that would pay extra if you guaranteed them the conditions would be bad and they could complain.
Played it and hated it more. Bad, bald greens. Thin fairways. Okay, to be positive, the bathrooms were nice and clean. Although, one of them had a waste can with a sign on it that said "No animal feces." Didn't say when they would re-stock.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
When a course condition goes down hill (which all courses do), people aren't accepting of the poor conditions................they are understanding. Big difference between the two types of individuals.

I'm not sure if anyone likes when a course is not in happy condition. But continually whining about it on a public voice board does not good.

It's the same people coming on ToTV and whining about: Dog Poop, Golf Conditions, Reserved Seating, Bridges to No Where, Sinking Bridges, NW of the Developer, The Good Old Days, Food Quality, etc.

It's a choice on how you want to live your life, with a coffee cup 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.

A choice. I choose to enjoy.
And I choose to resist and fight for change if I deem it to be in my best interest. That means posting public messages on a villages blog, it means sending letters and emails to John Rohan. And it means educating newcomers and people who are thinking of becoming villagers, so they will know what they are getting into. We have the money and resources in this community to have a lot better golf conditions than what we have. Some of us have taken off the rose colored glasses and are not brainwashed by the developer. And for the record I’ve never “whined““ about dog poop.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:50 AM

Now that is hilarious!
Old 02-21-2020, 05:53 AM

Restock - Now that is hilarious!
Old 02-21-2020, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Funny, but most of the complaining I here as I play different exec. courses, are from those who are having a bad round, and are looking for an excuse.
Played Walnut Grove, which is in very good nick, with a chap a few weeks ago who was having a nighmare round, and every bad shot was the fault of the course.
Even his tees were wrong material!
Having said that, the trio of courses at Pimlico still need some work.
Most other Execs are have improved greatly from last year, when in my opinion they were not good at all.
JMO.
The OP was opining about Mallory golf course. It is not free like the executive courses.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.