Mallory Golf

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2020, 06:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
And I choose to resist and fight for change if I deem it to be in my best interest. That means posting public messages on a villages blog, it means sending letters and emails to John Rohan. And it means educating newcomers and people who are thinking of becoming villagers, so they will know what they are getting into. We have the money and resources in this community to have a lot better golf conditions than what we have. Some of us have taken off the rose colored glasses and are not brainwashed by the developer. And for the record I’ve never “whined““ about dog poop.

You're funny.

=> Timers on this site see comments for what they are and from who writes them.
(objective, balanced postings are heard)

=> Exaggerated negativity just wake-up sleeping giants (a/k/a the vast majority) and creates positive comments.
(without, a lot of sleepers would not even post)

=> If a newbie is "being educated", they are smart enough to read all posts and determine the majority vs. Debbie Downers.

=> Rose colored & brainwashed???................I always love these old stale comments. I never have heard how the developers brainwashed villages. How did they??

I need to go finish my 1/2 full cup of coffee.

Have a Great Day............Life is Good.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:20 AM

Not only are the courses in bad shape, but you can't even get waited on in a half full country club, after golf. They don't have enough wait staff to seat you.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:36 AM
Default The Greens On Mallory - Amelia

I played Mallory - Amelia yesterday and the course should have been closed. The greens were that bad. It is a shame to pay that kind of money for those conditions!
Old 02-21-2020, 07:59 AM

Shut it down. We’re being ripped off. Guests $69 and $74. They won’t be back.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Steve
Old 02-21-2020, 08:44 AM
Gold member

Mr Wilson you seem to be in the minority even with the smart remarks. Bottom line, you nor anyone else can defend the deplorable conditions of some of these courses. For those who care Tierra is in good condition. Worth the money. Off to a real golf course Sunday, Juliette Falls.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Mr Wilson you seem to be in the minority even with the smart remarks. Bottom line, you nor anyone else can defend the deplorable conditions of some of these courses. For those who care Tierra is in good condition. Worth the money. Off to a real golf course Sunday, Juliette Falls.

If a course is in deplorable condition.......I'm not defending. However, the sky is not falling as some posters portray. If the conditions are not good, they will improve and I'm optimistic.

Love you.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post

Just went back and looked.......I made not comment defending deplorable conditions.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:12 AM

Caroline greens are terrible, I played there Wednesday Virginia greens were better.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:18 AM

Perhaps the conditions are due to too many golfers and not enough recuperation time for the courses. Let’s limit all golf to one round per week per Villager until the courses improve. After all, let’s do it for the Courses, I mean the children, haha.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Perhaps the conditions are due to too many golfers and not enough recuperation time for the courses.

That is a significant issue............rounds of play. This is why surrounding courses are easier to maintain.

This should fire-up the debbie downers.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:41 AM

My husband played Mallory twice this week, Amelia's greens were the worst, Virginia's the best of the three. According to the people working in the club house, they sprayed the greens with something to kill the weeds and and it wound up killing the grass. They have offered to give you a raincheck if you start playing and decide to quit before the 5th hole due to green conditions.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
When a course condition goes down hill (which all courses do), people aren't accepting of the poor conditions................they are understanding. Big difference between the two types of individuals.

I'm not sure if anyone likes when a course is not in happy condition. But continually whining about it on a public voice board does not good.
Actually complaining does often lead to improvements, if you can find the correct person. I was looking for advice to where I might find a report on the conditions, so I could avoid playing at a course so poorly maintained.

Your assumption that all courses decline in quality is not correct. I have played courses over 30 years that stayed in the same shape as when I started.

Even in the Villages the majority of courses are adequately maintained. Something spectacular went wrong at Mallory. I am sure the greens keeping staff know this, but voicing a complaint might get them to understand people will stop playing at Mallory due to this issue.

And the Developer owns the courses. He controls them. The other items you mentioned that people "whine" about are not in his control. But this problem is squarely within his ability to fix.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjsmithx View Post
My husband played Mallory twice this week, Amelia's greens were the worst, Virginia's the best of the three. According to the people working in the club house, they sprayed the greens with something to kill the weeds and and it wound up killing the grass. They have offered to give you a raincheck if you start playing and decide to quit before the 5th hole due to green conditions.
I did not think of this, my bad. I think the staff could have given us this advice when we checked in. But maybe some source I could have checked before signing up for the round would be nice.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
Actually complaining does often lead to improvements, if you can find the correct person. I was looking for advice to where I might find a report on the conditions, so I could avoid playing at a course so poorly maintained.

Your assumption that all courses decline in quality is not correct. I have played courses over 30 years that stayed in the same shape as when I started.

The right person is not on ToTV............that's was is crazy about all the complaining on this site. You are right, find the right person.

I have you beat, I've been golfing for over 40 years. Private clubs, public courses, Augusta, California biggies, Kohler, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Texas.......I'll quit bragging, sorry. I've seen the best of the best go thru bad times. But I've never seen any of these courses get the volume of play & year-round that our course do. The traffic is crazy.

Hope you find the right person.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.