Mallory Hill

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2021, 06:56 AM
Default Mallory Hill

Played Mallory Hill... Amelia to Caroline. The greens are very slow and could stand to be cut a bit. They were "fuzzy" on some holes which made them even slower.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:46 AM

Better fuzzy than no grass or spotty grass greens like at Havana.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:39 PM

Played Caroline to Virginia today. Caroline a little slow and bumpy. Virgina much better.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman1951 View Post
Better fuzzy than no grass or spotty grass greens like at Havana.
Havana in general is an embarrassment....... they’ve closed one of the nines due to the poor conditions....

They should close the entire course until they bring it back into shape.....
Old 04-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Played Amelia this afternoon. The greens were in very good shape and fast.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:33 PM

I play the so called Championship courses every day. They are not very consistent. The green speeds vary from day to day. I don't know if they mow them everyday or every other day. Also why are the pins so hard to take out of the holes? I also hear a lot of the players I play with complaining about the edges of the holes not the same height as the green like they put the hole in the green and then pulled it out leaving the edges higher. It isn't cheap playing here and I think they should give us a better conditioned golf course to play on. What do you think? Am I being overly critical about the golf courses. One last thing. They are not as well conditioned as the courses I played on in New Jersey. Lastly I am glad I moved the H___ out of N.J. What a crooked state.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
I play the so called Championship courses every day. They are not very consistent. The green speeds vary from day to day. I don't know if they mow them everyday or every other day. Also why are the pins so hard to take out of the holes? I also hear a lot of the players I play with complaining about the edges of the holes not the same height as the green like they put the hole in the green and then pulled it out leaving the edges higher. It isn't cheap playing here and I think they should give us a better conditioned golf course to play on. What do you think? Am I being overly critical about the golf courses. One last thing. They are not as well conditioned as the courses I played on in New Jersey. Lastly I am glad I moved the H___ out of N.J. What a crooked state.
Jan had told him many times, "It was you to me who taught
In Jersey anything's legal as long as you don't get caught"
Old 04-12-2021, 05:38 AM

I normally just play Championship courses but yesterday my wife and I played Roosevelt exec. What a joke. Weeds all over the greens and fairways bare ground in places. Don't waste your time
Old 04-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

Several Roosevelt and Truman greens have poa annua (annual bluegrass) on them. This grass grows very rapidly in the Spring and makes it very bumpy if not cut almost every day. There is no specific chemistry that will kill the poa annua without killing the rest of the grass. The only way to get rid of it is to kill the whole green and start over again, and use suppressants. The first holes of Truman and Roosevelt are particularly bad. Poa Annua dies off when it gets hot. If it makes you any happier, the greens at Pebble Beach are entirely Poa Annua.
Closed Thread

Tags
mallory, hill, made, holes, fuzzy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.