Mallory Hill Golf

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 05:58 AM

Got stuck with Caroline 2 weeks ago. Greens were the longest and slowest I've seen in 6 years. The starters sent my group out BEFORE our tee time, not waiting for all to arrive, and made a total mess out of our group. Thought they were supposed to hold till actual tee time. I was 15 minutes early and they had gone out. Not going half hour early to social distance and sweat.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not to steal the thread, but it is titled Mallory Hill. Has anyone played golf there since the reopening, and if so, have the greens fully recovered?
Have played 2x in the past week. Greens look good.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:08 AM

I played Amelia with my wife yesterday. The greens were in great shape and the fairways were better than some of the others I've played so far.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:31 AM

Played Mallory Amelia greens are great
Old 05-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Default Mallory conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not to steal the thread, but it is titled Mallory Hill. Has anyone played golf there since the reopening, and if so, have the greens fully recovered?
Played shortly after opening and it was fine. Greens were in good shape. Many people hate Caroline and say it's too hard or unfair. That is all BS. It has about 3 very tough holes, #1, #5 & #7 but guess what, every course here has 2 or 3 or more very tough holes on them, including even the old Orange Blossom course. I love all the courses here and conditions change due to various reasons from time to time(worst is in winter due to high play and lack of rain). You just understand that and play on!!!
Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
Played shortly after opening and it was fine. Greens were in good shape. Many people hate Caroline and say it's too hard or unfair. That is all BS. It has about 3 very tough holes, #1, #5 & #7 but guess what, every course here has 2 or 3 or more very tough holes on them, including even the old Orange Blossom course. I love all the courses here and conditions change due to various reasons from time to time(worst is in winter due to high play and lack of rain). You just understand that and play on!!!
I've put in a request for Mallory the past 3 weeks, twice didn't get it, tomorrow were playing Ameila to Caroline. I use to hate Caroline as well, but when you get better, it's a better challenge.

My most hateful hole is #8 at Killdeer at Evans Prairie. I've played it about 25 times now. I remember the first time I hit my driver off the tee and went over the bunker on the right, thinking it was a great shot, it was in a pond. Next time I hit a hybrid off the tee to the left and it went in the swamp, from the white tees it's only 190 to the marsh. It's a screwed up hole, also don't like #6, the dogleg right with the pond on the right and the big tree on the corner. I really like Osprey to Egret, skip Killdeer whenever I can.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:21 AM

Fairway conditions dont concern me, because I'm never on them
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.