Mallory hills February 12

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 01:00 PM
Default Mallory hills February 12

Not worth the rate at 50%
Played the Amelia to Caroline courses. Normally MH is well maintained but not now. Half the greens had large area with no grass. Very bumpy and sandy. Very sad. Worst in 13 years of playing there.
Some greens were ok. Time to close one 9?
Old 02-14-2021, 06:39 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
Not worth the rate at 50%
Played the Amelia to Caroline courses. Normally MH is well maintained but not now. Half the greens had large area with no grass. Very bumpy and sandy. Very sad. Worst in 13 years of playing there.
Some greens were ok. Time to close one 9?
Sad to hear that but they won’t close 9 until demand goes down . Another problem I have seen is golfers that are too lazy to fix ball marks and some that don’t pick up their feet while walking/ turning on the greens
Old 02-15-2021, 10:32 AM

If people would just not drive on the greens this wouldn’t happen. Every year, when the snowbirds are here, our courses take a beating and this year there are often 4 carts driving on the grass. Stay on the cart path near the green!
Old 02-17-2021, 08:04 PM

Played 9 holes of Caroline today, rained out on second 9. Greens are horrible. After having played Caroline last year many months after the 9 hole course reopened and the greens were beautiful. I don't know how new greens, less then two years renovated, got in the deplorable condition is beyond me. Never saw anything like it. It was 9 holes of golf I was very much looking forward to playing and was very disappointed. Will not be on my request list going forward.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:04 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Sad to hear that but they won’t close 9 until demand goes down . Another problem I have seen is golfers that are too lazy to fix ball marks and some that don’t pick up their feet while walking/ turning on the greens
Hate to "whine" but totally agree, the most amazing lack of basic etiquette I have ever seen at any golf resort or community, I can't begin to guess but definitely have played an entire round of 9 and not seen one person in the foursome ahead bend over once and fix a mark. Foot dragging..... as common as normal walking, and breaking down the overhangs of the traps by climbing in and out at the HIGHEST point ! It's amazing what people will do on a regular basis, totally amazing. (Brazen may be the correct word, but, hate to whip people up with emotional terms ! ) Just wish people would be kinder to our own courses, we pay to fix all this, it's like leaving the lights on or the water running in your OWN HOME knowing you are the one who will be paying the bills! Why ? Why, why why do people do this ? Just like driving right through the gates..... daily it happens, they all have to be paid for !
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, mallory, grass, bumpy, sandy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.