No more play in The Villages

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM

Default No more play in The Villages

My group has decided we will no longer play in the Villages until course conditions improve or the powers that be understand that raising prices for an inferior product is unacceptable.

While no one can solve the drought problem, one can realize that the courses have provided an experience inferior to what we have come to expect and price the experience accordingly.

Yet rather than lowering greens fees, they have increased them. That's a slap in the face to those of us who have supported Villages golf for many years.

So guys, until you realize that you can't increase costs for a declining product, we'll motor elsewhere. It's not like there is a shortage of courses in the surrounding area.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Gold member

Well lets see some folks want prices lowered and water increased....it hasn't rained enough to allow them to water enough so in order to do so they have to buy water...that costs more money and prices go up accordingly. Some people may want to have their cake and eat it to, but it's not going to happen. Fortunately the adults are in charge and common sense will rule over whining.

There is no slap in the face...this is not personally directed towards the poster, but to those with unreasonable demands who fail to think things through.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Platinum member

My info may be wrong
I've been told greens keepers are just landscapers
I don't know why they bother to plug fairways and never over dress them.
My other pet peeve is executive golf made the Villages what it is today..Free golf sold all these homes
Executive greens should be every bit as good as the championship greens
Old 05-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Gold member

As of today rates have decreased by 38% before 11 AM and 56% after 11 AM
Old 05-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpi767 View Post
My group has decided we will no longer play in the Villages until course conditions improve or the powers that be understand that raising prices for an inferior product is unacceptable.

While no one can solve the drought problem, one can realize that the courses have provided an experience inferior to what we have come to expect and price the experience accordingly.

Yet rather than lowering greens fees, they have increased them. That's a slap in the face to those of us who have supported Villages golf for many years.

So guys, until you realize that you can't increase costs for a declining product, we'll motor elsewhere. It's not like there is a shortage of courses in the surrounding area.
Good idea.....since you are an expert I believe we should follow you.....I'm always pleased that we have so many people here that have the knowledge to give direction to greenskeepers/maintenance personnel. Thanks for your help.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Sage

We'll miss you.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
We'll miss you.
We will try to bear up.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
We'll miss you.
doubt it
Old 05-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpi767 View Post

In the spirit of helpfulness, I think I can save you a lot of money. If you ever think of plunking down some big bucks and flying to Scotland to play some of the famed courses...........don't do it.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Default Course condition

I agree with anyone who wishes to take their business elsewhere. You don't have to be an agronomist to know that cutting the rough down to nothing before it goes dormant is going to create poor conditions. When you compare our courses to similar outside courses, we pay about the same or more, AND use our own carts.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, product, realize, experience, courses