Orange Blossom Hills

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
To the critical OPs: I say, if you pays your money, you gotta right to complain.

And if you don't play golf, stay out of the debate.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I did have a face to face meeting with Mr.Basso ,Rick Craig and one other getleman to discuss our displeasure with the conditions of the championship golf course. We talked about the bunkers and how bad they were. They agreed saying the wrong(cheap) sand was put in them and said that the sand at Havana would be replaced. They also stated that there were toomany bukers and some would be taken out. Tierra Del Sol is being totally redone with a new type of grass that should help. Yes, they just did Tierra a whlie ago but they screwed it up so here we go again. All of the champ golf courses will be redone with the newer grasses eventually. Fromthe timeline I have heard we unfortunately will all be dead before this happens. Usage of manpower was also talked about. How many of you have seen 4 guys raking a bunker that gets no play. Some of these I never knew were on the course! The people in charge know the golf courses could be in better shape, they admitted it. Many other issues were discussed at this meeting but my post is long already. I must say that after the meeting, I am not convinced that for me at least these courses will be any better. They will just keep nickle and diming us to death and we will pay and keep playing and complaining.
The bottom line is that the convenience to jump in our golf carts and drive to the course, is a strong draw to put up with conditions that would be unacceptable at commiserate priced courses where you drive to...and have a bag drop.

Not saying that we're a 'captured audience,' but there is no doubt that 'THEY' know...we'll still play and that obviously has an impact on how much they spend on maintenance.

As to those who are "sick & tired" of those complaining about course conditions, might I suggest you show some self-restraint...and just quit reading any posts in the "THE VILLAGES GOLF COURSE CONDITIONS" FORUM?

Hint: That's THIS forum.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
But what good are they doing complaining on TOTV? The people on here cannot make any changes to greenkeeping procedures that the complainers think need to be made.

If the complainers do not like the conditions of the courses here, and it's just their opinion, they can go elsewhere and pay the gas to get there and pay the green fees to play there. It's a simple decision for them; all the roads out of TV leads to a golf course somewhere for them to play.
I read a lot of stuff on TOTV that I don't agree with. Complaints about one thing or another, people who go the opposite route and find everything about The Villages to be perfect. The bottom line is, if a person doesn't like reading about golf course complaints, then just go to another forum. Golf course conditions generally in The Villages are mediocre, residents need a place to vent, and this is it.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I read a lot of stuff on TOTV that I don't agree with. Complaints about one thing or another, people who go the opposite route and find everything about The Villages to be perfect. The bottom line is, if a person doesn't like reading about golf course complaints, then just go to another forum. Golf course conditions generally in The Villages are mediocre, residents need a place to vent, and this is it.
Ahh the golf. The price is right and the availability is lovely and all golf cart accessible. Golf here is not the Golf of our past, but it is fine.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Gold member

I played OBH on Tuesday and I'm happy to report the greens were in excellent shape. No weeds, few, if any bare spots, and the grass was lush. The ball rolled very well, but unfortunately for me, they were pretty slow and I never got the speed right all day. My group all commented that the course was in very good condition compared to past years.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

rain, rain
Old 07-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
rain, rain
Rain music

Lyrics
If the rain comes
They run and hide their heads
They might as well be dead
If the rain comes
If the rain comes....
Old 07-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Don't ruin my trip to there Doc, we are coming down in the next week or so to make an offer on a home in the Orange Blossom Country Club area.....I hope Lyle is ready for us.....We have been waiting for 4 years to move down to this area.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, played, shape, glade, hacienda

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.