9-11-01

Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Sage

Prayers for those lost and their families on this day to never be forgotten.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Will never, ever forget. This day is a bad day for my husband as he was one of the first responders and was there for months after. And yes, it was a day just like today, clear and sunny. That's the first thing my husband said this morning.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
It was in our backyard almost 40 miles away we watched the horror later to find that a fireman and two police officers from our immediate family were on the scene. They worked thru it, to this day they don't want to talk about what they saw.
Two of my nephews were on Wall St., it was close for them and hours until we found they were ok.

Anther very good friend was a Vet from LI, he went there to help the rescue dogs looking for survivors then bodies. His account was chilling.

Here's two pics of the dogs.

Your story above can be echoed by many of our relatives down there; similar circumstances to yours.

We also had a priest from our church who was on the plane flying from Boston to Los Angeles to visit his sister......never made it, obviously.

A family in town lost their son on one of the other planes.......

So, even our small town was impacted. I watched it on t.v. and then called everyone.............we were all numb. Ten days later we had to fly American Airlines to a wedding in Colorado. The airports were totally empty.......even Chicago, ......which is usually bustling and crowded.

The pilots, stewards and female flight attendants were nervous as all get out......and who could blame them. But we made it. Half of the wedding guests chose not to attend; didn't want to fly.

On one of our flights we had a young mother in a burka board our American Airlines plane with a bunch of small children.......it was scary.
Once onboard, I just felt like it was out of my control....and peaceful.

My brother in law was stranded in London, England. Could not get a flight back home. My cousin and his wife and daughter were stranded after a vacation in Italy.....same thing; no flights home.

None of us will ever forget where we were on 911 or the aftermath.
It changed the pleasure of flying, that's for sure.

Watching the documentaries this past weekend, I prayed again for all of those poor souls in the towers, the firemen, the police, etc. and all on the three planes.......no, we will never ever forget.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 PM

Never Forget 9/11/2001! God Bless America! I will never forget!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:54 PM

I was teaching Honors English. One of my students came in and turned on the TV. We all watched as the plane hit the second building. One of the boys stood up and just began reciting the pledge of Allegiance, we all joined him. I later learned one of those killed was a former student. No one should ever forget this day
Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Gold member

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.