Anyone in TV from Akron Ohio

Old 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

and we're from Marblehead, but raised our family in North Olmsted. Snowbirds, but feel we have the best of both worlds - winter in The Villages, and summer on Sandusky Bay.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:45 PM

We are from Tallmadge. We just closed a week ago on a CYV in Hemingway. I'll be taking a load of furniture down next week. There are a few of us Byckeyes there.

Bob
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 PM

Lived in South East Cleveland for 49 years. You will love The Villages. Airtran out of CAK is the greatest. Prices are right. Only a 2 hour flight.

Jerry
(CM) Boston, Ma.
(JM)(CM)Boca Raton, FL.
(CM/JM)TV-Largo(CM/JM)
Old 10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Default Ohio friends

My husband and I are on the west side of Cleveland. Looking forward to being in our new home in Buttonwood this winter. My mother is putting her home on the market to move to a CYV.

You'll love it; we can't wait to be there!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Location: OH, CT, VA, KS, PA, GA, Raleigh, NC (2012 St. James)

I grew up in Medina, OH (right next to Akron) & attended OSU. However, we aren't building for another year (just closed on a lot in St. James). Will look forward to joining any Buckeye Clubs!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Gold member
Default finally on our way

arriving in TV on Friday to become snowbirds (finally), can't wait. Especially since the weather turned cold this week in Columbus.

Going to a Browns' Backers club (Tony Packo's) Sunday to watch the game, most likely by golf cart. Will attend the occasional Buckeyes' game also at Tony Packo's (if it's a day game - think they meet at McCall's Tavern for night games), will also likely attend an Ohio Club meeting and maybe a 3C (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) meeting.

Ohio is probably in the top 5 states represented in TV (I think the top is NY or FL, and I think Pennsylvania is well-represented too). Lots of Ohioans to meet up with, and also lots from other states and countries, too. One of the neatest things (IMO, anyway) about TV is the opportunity to meet and get to know those from other places and cultures. Different cultures are not just from different countries - there's urban or suburban, small town and rural, midwest, east coast, southern, etc. All have things to enrich your life and open your mind.

Best place to find out about stuff is at the pool, floating around on your noodle (get some soon) and then probably on this site too.

You will love it!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 PM

Our neighbors moved here from Akron a few months ago. Bought a villa and love everything about The Villages.....being avid golfers and snow haters, they found the
perfect place.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Location: Wilbur and I live in Ohio 6 mo. and Bradenton, Fl. 6 mo. and want to live in the Villages 12 mo.
Default Brunswick Ohio here also

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
Came down here to buy and rent out a house buy fell in love with the Villages 14 years ago. Lived in Brunswick and my son lives in Canton that we visit 3 times a year to see our grandkids. Good luck and hope to see you in the Villages soon.
We live in Ohio (May to Oct.) now but have been wintering in Bradenton, Fl. for past 7 years. This living in 2 places is getting old so this time we are not going to give up our quest to become Villagers. Our lovely condo in Brunswick is up for sale this time FSBO. The Real Estate couple didn't draw too many lookers so we will try ourselves for a while.

Nancy & Will
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM

I'm from Brunswick, OH, BHS class of 65, also lived in Stow and Parma Hts. Moved here in April by way of Atlanta most recently. Family still lives in Brunswick and Chippewa Lake. I just moved to Buttonwood in a CYV.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Talking more from Ohio

We closed on our preowned in Lynhaven last Monday and returned to Circleville, Ohio, and a FROST warning this morning. We will snowbird until we are ready to sell here.
While in the Villages, I was clipping back the knock-out roses in the front bed of the lawn and four different neighbors came over to meet me and welcome us to the neighborhood. I was sold before that, but it just added to my feeling of being in "Florida's friendliest hometown". You'll love it!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Default Massillon, Ohio

My wife and I are both from Ohio. I'm from Columbus and my wife is from Van Wert. Currently we are maintaining two homes (Massillon, Oh & Village of Duval). We are looking forward to retirement and living the villages life style.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

Does it count that I lived in Cleveland for a year from 80 to 81?

I found the people from the midwest to be friendly. If you were waiting for an elevator and said good morning to someone, they answer you back politely.

I remember on Friday at 5 PM, someone telling me their was a party in the park. Since I didn't know where it was, I asked for directons and was told, "just stand on the corner at 5 PM, and follow the crowd". Ten minutes later, I was at the park partying.

TV reminds of those times when people were polite to one another.

You will meet so many great people from many parts of the country including other parts of the world.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by suenjon View Post
My wife and I are both from Ohio. I'm from Columbus and my wife is from Van Wert. Currently we are maintaining two homes (Massillon, Oh & Village of Duval). We are looking forward to retirement and living the villages life style.
Jojo. Ohiogirl and us two G's are originally from Columbus too.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Jojo. Ohiogirl and us two G's are originally from Columbus too.
Count me in on "The Columbus Group" as well.......

Bill
Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Count me in on "The Columbus Group" as well.......

Bill
OOOOh....my bad. How could I forget you???

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.