Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=graciegirl;172736]
Changed the kitty litter again, and it is a problem. Thinking of having an exhaust fan put in the bedroom linen closet where we keep it. Has anyone done that? We change the litter every day and it is still stinky.
-------------------------------------------------------------

GG, perhaps you should put the litter box somewhere with a little ventilation .. indoor laundry room perhaps, or guest bedroom? I would think a stinky litter box in the linen closet would mean stinky sheets and towels.

I assume you are using a good kind of clumping litter. I keep Snert's litter box in a bedroom, use a good clumping litter, and clean it twice a day. There is never an odour.

Fireboy is back in Canada right now. If you and Helene need a drive somewhere while Sweetie is away, just let me know.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
I was so very happy to see my family......but now I have seen them and know that they are even more wonderful than I'd remembered.....I want to be back in TV so badly that...well, I want to throw a temper tantrum, but it doesn't count if no one sees it.

Sure it counts or go find a neighbor. Mine just walked in and I unloaded and thanked them for listening to me vent. Do I feel better? Not really. We're soooo ready to get out of KY and get to TV. Look later this week for NEW virtual tour. I gave strict instructions to our Realtor "Don't you die on me"!!! Yeah, previous agent had the big one. I hope he's selling the hell outa the pearly gated units.

To TV friends we've made - keep the faith. We'll get there eventually. Nazi dogs, Prancer, Katrina, all need a playmate. Not to mention PIA.

F16
Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Boomer that I am, I have friends who are entering the 60's. Their own 60's. The ones that seemed so far away back in the other 60's.

Have you ever tried to find a birthday card specifically for birthday number 60?

Every single one I could find was all sappy and respectful and dignified. Like I would be sending it to some wizened sage of the tribe or something. They were just awful. Most of them were in shades of purple with various flower arrangements all over them.

The ones for turning 50 were just fine. (I thought about buying one of those and converting the 5.) But what's with the ones for turning 60? Have those people who design cards ever met any real 60 year-olds?

So anyway, I found a card finally. But it did not have an age on it. It was just one of those generally smart alecky cards that women like to send to other women. So I wrote a little note on it about b'day number 60. But while I was writing the note, I nearly ruined the card and had to pen a little apology for making a mess of it. I did not have my bifocals on and I wrote part of what I was saying completely off the edge of the card.

This is so not fair.

Had an appropriate card been available I would not have needed my bifocals. (which I could not find at the time, but later noticed, when I looked in a mirror, that I had propped them up on top of my head.)

Oh, and I forgot to mail the card today.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-16-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Sage

At this time, there are 44 members and 52 guests online. Does anyone else find it strange that guests find TOTV interesting enough to visit and read. (More guests than members, apparently!) But they are unwilling to become members. Wonder why.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

9pm: 37 members and 59 guests

Is it me or does it seem that membership has dropped from 6 months ago? Also, it seems to me, that this site's daily activity has drastically decreased.

We used to be able to see the stats with the old format but can't anymore with this new format. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a graphical display showing the number of daily posts over the past 6 months? Or am I the only one wondering?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
At this time, there are 44 members and 52 guests online. Does anyone else find it strange that guests find TOTV interesting enough to visit and read. (More guests than members, apparently!) But they are unwilling to become members. Wonder why.

Bare....the 52 guests may indeed be members that are just not signed in....I sometimes will just hop on the site without logging in and read a few things before heading out the door. If I log in....I find I need to respond to every post....and we all know how that ends up!! LOL

Anyway...my other thought is that perhaps people (like me) leave their computers on...with a window open to TOTV and are not even home or at the computer. I don't know if there is a time frame where a guest is not counted anymore...but I know I leave the window open on TOTV even after I have logged out....my guess is that I am counted as a guest even when I am not near the computer.

Just a thought...and a guess!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 12-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Gold member

Hi, to find out the true numbers of anyone on TOTV at any time; 1 Click on Quick Links, 2. Click on Who's online 3. check the time you are clocked in at, and then check the time that other people who are "on line" have by their name.

What you will notice, or at least I have, that there can be an hour difference. I personally do not think one person would be on one thread for an hour. You can also check the other times that people have by their names, see the thread and also get an idea if they are on line or not.

Sid has been in bed with me and yet if you did search for people "on line" you would see his name.

Bright, I agree. I would also like to see those stats again. I found them interesting.

HB
Old 12-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
If I log in....I find I need to respond to every post....and we all know how that ends up!! LOL
LOL....can you tell I have the day off today...I can't help it!! OK...I am now officially logging off to go out and enjoy this beautiful day....no work...no child...no nothing...

Except of course the laundry and the housecleaning that is calling my name....it may have to wait!!

Hope you all enjoy your day as well!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Farrah Fawsett

How very very sad. Rest in peace Farrah.
You struggled thru one heck of a battle with cancer, God bless your spirit and thank you for the joy you brought to so many of us.
My prayers go out to your family and friends.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM

I am interested in obtaining the the rules for triple play card game

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.