Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Misc Happy Talk/Hijack Heaven

Fingers are tightly crossed for you J&B. You belong in TV.

Sam I am so glad you put up this thread. I have a really hard time with the lineal thinking required to stay on topic...I guess I get bored quickly, besides the topic lasts longer when we can vary the content. Example Girl Talk, it is still going and I bet this one will too. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I'm happy tonight because my daughter only has a kidney infection and not appendicitis as the hospital thought at 5am this morning. She's spending the night there but that's okay. She's being waited on hand and foot, having her dinner served to her in bed, and getting some rest with the help of morphine.

She's coming home tomorrow but I took the rest of the week off from school. Why? So I could watch her 2 little boys (ages 2 and almost 4) and spoil them rotten while they are here at Tamma and Bubba's (that's what they call us) house. We decided to let her go home to a quiet house without having to worry about taking care of the little sweethearts. Not sure if her husband will wait on her like the nurses at the hospital, though!

Well, better get back downstairs. I hear the boys "fighting" over toys and I think Bubba needs my help.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Administrator

From no small about of research, I have learned the secret to that phenomenon of which Taltarzac speaks, dogs smelling each others butts.

It is a dog's way of determining what meal the other dog has enjoyed. It's like asking, "Hey! How's the food over at your place."

Perhaps it would help to think of it as our equivalent to a restaurant review.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Gold member

Hey, sorry we'll be missing you guys at Crispers day after tomorrow; we're already back up north 'dealing' with everything here. Will be back in June and in the meantime hope to do a lot of laughing! '-)
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Sage

Bright, I'm jealous that you are with the Grands!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Platinum member

Sidney, HB, Hope the dealings up there are ok. :dontknow: .June will be here, quickly!! Samhass, our only grand (3 yr. old girl) is 1 hour south of here. She was born 2 days after our closing here! It was a big incentive for us in finding this place! Crispers is on my agenda for Fri.. Hope to meet many new friends from this site. Love being around the ones I've had the priviledge to meet. Gonna miss all the birds and flakes! Until Friday.....peace! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :hot: 040 :hot: 040 :hot: 040 :hot: 040 :hot: 040 :hot: SAM, BTW.....GREAT NEW TOPIC...NO TOPIC!!!....hijack, have fun, go with the flow...LOVE IT!!! CU soon
Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 AM

Speaking of dog butt smelling, our neighbor's dog recently smelled my husband's butt, then mine. Our neighbor said its just his doggie way of saying "hello". That made us feel pretty special!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Hey guys..Hope you have a great time at the luncheon..I am missing another one..
: :'(

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Sage
Default Re: Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

It was suggested that we change the name of this thread. I thought it was a great idea.
Thanks, Johnny! We now have more to chat about.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Sage

Rhonda, I would be so thrilled if my Grands were an hour away. You are so lucky!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
JohnnyM

I have a couple of folks on the way over to look at the house. I was playing tennis (70 today in NJ) all morning and missed the cell phone call. Came home and heard the message. Called and the realtor said they would be here in thirty minutes. Barbara had tickets to The View in NYC from her daughter. She left 6am, but she left everything in order. Just had to make the bed. Lot's more people out and around looking at homes. That's a positive sign.

Thanks Sam for the chance to get excited about cleaning the house. Boy I love this thread. Johnny......................... (I'd better go vacuum)
Old 04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
JohnnyM

Ok they are gone. A few compliments and out the door. At least we have traffic!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Sage

Wonderful topic Sam, thankyou for starting it!

OK, I am really sad. I have spent 3 incredible, happy, fun months in TV. I must admit it seems more like only 3 weeks. The time has gone by way too fast and the thought of leaving is tearing me up.

I know Ill be back, not sure when ,but I am in total amazement at the wonderful, terrific people I have met in just this short time. Frienships that I will treasure forever.

Im not one to complain, especially in a public forum like this but damn Im sad!!!

For the first time since I was a little kid, I feel like Im home again.
A HUGE thankyou to everyone who made me feel so welcome here, you know who you are, and I am so grateful for your friendship. :'(

Donna, get the prozac drip ready for me, Ill be passing thru the Poconos real soon!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Noni...We can be miserable together till we go back..The Villages Florida

Valium drip ready.... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Samhass I have the best of both worlds. Here in Michigan my 2 grands live 8 miles away. In Florida, my other grand lives 11 miles away.

I've had the 2 and 3 1/2 year olds for 24 hours now...another 24 to go but more likely 48. My daughter came home from the hospital today but called crying because of all the pain she was in. I'm so glad we can help her by watching the boys so she can rest and get well again.

After the boys go home, I'm going to need my rest! Whew, are they an active pair!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.