Cost to use rec centers?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Default Cost to use rec centers?

We plan to move to TV soon. I was told that there is a fee to use the rec centers. Are there rec centers that are included without a fee as a resident? We will be moving to a new construction home south of 466A.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Sage

There are fees if you are not a authorized club, about $75-$200 depending on size.

A club can request a room at no cost monthly

Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Sage

as residents you still need to pay if not authorized club or group, that's what I just went thru with the LI Club, but we were approved so it was a moot point for us.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Usage of the rooms at a Neighborhood Rec. Center is free for residents. For Regional Rec. Centers, there is a charge.

I just reserved a room at the Hibiscus Rec. Center for a Meet & Greet. This is a one-time-only group gathering and not any sort of social or sanctioned club.

To reserve a room or to get information, call:

Room Reservations
352-674-1810

Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Usage of the rooms at a Neighborhood Rec. Center is free for residents. For Regional Rec. Centers, there is a charge.

I just reserved a room at the Hibiscus Rec. Center for a Meet & Greet. This is a one-time-only group gathering and not any sort of social or sanctioned club.

Room Reservations
352-674-1810
memason: You are a good man Charlie brown always factual and informative. Thank you

Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

People may be talking about the fact that most clubs charge a fee to join their club. For example, I play duplicate bridge. The charge here is $2.00 game, most of which goes to the ACBL. Some clubs have a $5-10 annual fee. The exercise fees, while in some rec centers, are a separate cost. The new dance club started by DougB and Pammy is $6.00 (if I remember correctly). I'd guess that fee goes to the bands.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Old 03-11-2014, 07:38 AM

My wife and I would like to use the exercise equipment. What is the fee to use the weights, treadmill etc? Is there an annal fee or do you have to pay each day?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 AM

I made the assumption that the exercise facilities were included as a resident. Looks like I may be mistaken in my assumption.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Default Fitness center fees

If you use one of the fitness centers at the Regional Rec. centers you can pay a daily use fee or pay for quarterly or annual memberships. If you use any of the other activities (pickle ball, shuffleboard, cards, etc) your monthly amenity covers that.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 AM

How much are the daily/quarterly/annual fees?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

I rented the large room at the Chatham Rec Center. Cost was $52 per hour x 2 hours + sales tax. I also had to give them a $75 refundable cleaning deposit which was returned to me in the mail two weeks after the event.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdonn View Post
How much are the daily/quarterly/annual fees?
The daily fee is about $5 or $6. I'm not sure of the quarterly or annual fee but sometimes when the snowbirds leave, they run some really good specials on the longer term memberships. I think at one time they were offering a 90day special at about $100?? I could be wrong, but watch for it, they don't advertise it to the masses.... LOL.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....

Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post

Room Reservations
352-674-1810

Not so Mike.

The residents of our village use the Laurel Manor regional rec center room once a month for our meeting for no charge.

As I tried to point out, if you have people at your meeting that do not have a resident ID card/or are NOT residents than you will be charged at any rec centers. So a club such as a Sumter County group, with members who do NOT live here will be charged .

Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
memason: You are a good man Charlie brown always factual and informative. Thank you

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....

Old 03-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
The daily fee is about $5 or $6. I'm not sure of the quarterly or annual fee but sometimes when the snowbirds leave, they run some really good specials on the longer term memberships. I think at one time they were offering a 90day special at about $100?? I could be wrong, but watch for it, they don't advertise it to the masses.... LOL.
You are right Kathie. I know because I took advantage of the $100 fee for 90 days and went 3 times! I think the daily fee is still $5.00.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.