Ten years getting here was worth the wait

Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Smile Ten years getting here was worth the wait

My wife and I have been coming down here since 2000. Finally decided that we would seriously look this year. Parked the RV in a resort, gave ourselves several months and started looking. Found our home on the first day and we have been so happy ever since. That was February 4 and I am now in three clubs, and golfing when I can. The wife goes with a neighbor to the pool every morning and does her walking exercise. We love going for golf rides and exploring the Villages. We could not be happier.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Sage

We're jealous!!! Glad you're enjoying yourselves. And welcome to TOTV!

Bill
Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!

Well Greenzilla, if that isn't a wonderful thing to read on this Sunday morning, I will eat your hat!

I am so happy that you have found your home here with all of us in this beautiful, beautiful place.

I hope you both live long and prosper and that each day is better than the last.

We are looking forward to meeting you both in person!

What Village did you choose??
Old 05-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage
Default do i know you?

this sounds like a lovely couple from buttonwood whom i met last sunday at lynn's open house??? is that you??
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrzilla View Post
My wife and I have been coming down here since 2000. Finally decided that we would seriously look this year. Parked the RV in a resort, gave ourselves several months and started looking. Found our home on the first day and we have been so happy ever since. That was February 4 and I am now in three clubs, and golfing when I can. The wife goes with a neighbor to the pool every morning and does her walking exercise. We love going for golf rides and exploring the Villages. We could not be happier.
You've been drinkin' that Kool Aid for over 10 years now? Wow!
It IS my new favorite drink......and I am so happy for you (& maybe a LITTLE bit jealous!)
Old 05-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
WOW!!! Ten Years. You found your home in one day.WOW!!!

This is good inspiration for all wannabees. I am sooooooo happy for you.

Welcome to TOTV. Thank you for posting this and it's your first post WOW!!!!

Last edited by 2BNTV; 05-08-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Additional Comment
Old 05-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

They say that good things come to those who wait. Guess you guys are living proof (not sure I could have waited 10 years for this dream). Congrats! Hope you make it to Crispers (3rd Friday of the month, 3:00 pm).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
WOW, 10 years! We couldn't even wait 10 weeks... and we were never even in TV before buying! Anyway, may all your dreams come true in TV!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Sage

What a wonderful story, greenrzilla. And just think... the best is yet to come!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Enjoy the good life & all this place has to offer.Took us 3 days
Old 05-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Veteran member

I can't figure if it took us 1 day or 17 months. We stopped over for one day, met Lorainne, a Villages Sales rep saw many models and views, took the trolley ride and hit LSL for Italian Festival one October. It convinced us that this was the place for us. Then it took 17 months of scouring virtual tours on TV's website looking at homes. We found one we both absolutely loved in January, made the offer, went to contract all before our lifestyle visit. So on our LSV we actually saw and walked in the house of our dreams. We settled a few days AFTER we got home.

Now the good wife has spent 12 days down there getting paint, carpet, tile, windows tinted and a host of other things done so we can move down full time this fall!

I guess it took only 1 day to convince us..... AND it is everything TOTV, the DVD and others will tell you. It's the real deal AND Florida's Frendliest Hometown.

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Thumbs down

So happy for you! My husband and I will be down in July to start looking for our home and we just cannot wait! It feels like we are just biding time here in Virginia and we can't wait to get home to TV!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
My heart is just pounding with excitiment for you both. We came down last July in within 2 days bought our lot. The rest is history. Wish you both fun and happiness in your new home.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Gold member
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
So happy for you! My husband and I will be down in July to start looking for our home and we just cannot wait! It feels like we are just biding time here in Virginia and we can't wait to get home to TV!
".. we can't wait to get HOME to TV." You are a Villager!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
I can't figure if it took us 1 day or 17 months. We stopped over for one day, met Lorainne, a Villages Sales rep saw many models and views, took the trolley ride and hit LSL for Italian Festival one October. It convinced us that this was the place for us. Then it took 17 months of scouring virtual tours on TV's website looking at homes. We found one we both absolutely loved in January, made the offer, went to contract all before our lifestyle visit. So on our LSV we actually saw and walked in the house of our dreams. We settled a few days AFTER we got home.

Now the good wife has spent 12 days down there getting paint, carpet, tile, windows tinted and a host of other things done so we can move down full time this fall!

I guess it took only 1 day to convince us..... AND it is everything TOTV, the DVD and others will tell you. It's the real deal AND Florida's Frendliest Hometown.

Nice post.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.