More Nervous than Happy or Sad!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Default More Nervous than Happy or Sad!

Help me calm my fears. We are moving out of our home of 20 years to a temporary rental property. We are doing this in order to use the money from the sale of our home to purchase a place in The Villages.

I am a nervous wreck and excited at the same time. The movers are coming this Saturday to move us out, then we will have the painters in to paint and the carpet cleaners in. The house will then go on the market. Hopefully, by mid February.

Please send some good and lucky vibes that the place sells very quickly and for a good price so we can become Villagers by summer.

I guess I just need reassurance we are doing the right thing and it will all work out.

Thanks for the Vibes!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

What you are doing is very difficult. Not many people move across country to begin a new life. It is hard to leave the familiar, it is hard to get rid of good stuff, it is hard to separate from family and friends. It is hard to begin anew, a stranger in a strange place.

But...over 100,000 of us have made the very decision you have made and people are still doing it.

Be kind to yourself, and ask for help...especially emotional help.

Many of us understand exactly what you are going through.

I had some terrified thoughts but I just love it here. It is a lovely place to end your journey. May you enjoy it for a thousand years.

Hugs.
and..

Welcome Home...soon.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Gold member

Moving out for selling your home is THE way to go! With nobody living in it, you won't have to clean and perfect every nook and cranny every time there is a showing or open house, which we hope will be few before somebody buys it.

You'll be fine with buying your home here knowing exactly how much you can spend and borrow if needed. You'll be surrounded here with thousands of people who have worked and lived within their means as you are, and who take pride in single-family home ownership here.

Other than that, just look at this weather forecast for the week and absorb what we call "winter" here, after 50+ years "up north"! This makes it all worthwhile:

Weather in The Villages - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 32159
Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Platinum member

we have all been there. It is scary but somehow you'll get thru it and when you are all settled here you will be so glad you did it!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 PM

My wife and I do have regrets. We regret that we didn't move to The Villages 20 years ago instead of in 2010. Our adult children are so happy for us that we live in The Villages. There is no way in the Boston area (where we used to live) that I would have gotten my very first HOLE IN ONE yesterday (January 25th) on the El Santiago Executive course.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

I bought my place here first then had to sell my house. not a risk I would normally take. it was very nerve racking for awhile. but totally worth it in the end.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Moving out for selling your home is THE way to go! With nobody living in it, you won't have to clean and perfect every nook and cranny every time there is a showing or open house, which we hope will be few before somebody buys it.

You'll be fine with buying your home here knowing exactly how much you can spend and borrow if needed. You'll be surrounded here with thousands of people who have worked and lived within their means as you are, and who take pride in single-family home ownership here.

Other than that, just look at this weather forecast for the week and absorb what we call "winter" here, after 50+ years "up north"! This makes it all worthwhile:

Weather in The Villages - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 32159
Actually unless your decorating skills are so horrific and you are messy people, leaving the furniture, or staging your home with a professional company, helps the home sell easier.
Some buyers just cant get the flow of the home without furniture. Just a little information that might help you save a little money on renting a place till yours sells...
Old 01-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieJo View Post
Help me calm my fears. We are moving out of our home of 20 years to a temporary rental property. We are doing this in order to use the money from the sale of our home to purchase a place in The Villages.

I am a nervous wreck and excited at the same time. The movers are coming this Saturday to move us out, then we will have the painters in to paint and the carpet cleaners in. The house will then go on the market. Hopefully, by mid February.

Please send some good and lucky vibes that the place sells very quickly and for a good price so we can become Villagers by summer.

I guess I just need reassurance we are doing the right thing and it will all work out.

Thanks for the Vibes!
If I were you.
I would be sweating bullets
I would not be able to sleep a wink
I probably would not be able to keep a drop of food down

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-26-2015, 06:16 PM

You will not be sorry! We got rid of a third of our stuff, brought a third to TV and stored a third. (Our grown children's stuff). When we leave PA for good, we're hoping to only have a U-Haul trailer to take to Florida. All of the hard part is done. We got in while prices were low and our property has already increased in value. We settled last May. It's really, really nice to have a "plan". It's not Groundhog Day every day anymore! Can't wait to get there full time. In the meantime, we rented our home from Jan to Apr to the tune of $12,300!!! You will NOT be sorry!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:23 PM

We did what you're doing. Renting an apartment (our first ever). Been married 35 years - it's pretty liberating. I got rid of things I never dreamed I'd part with ... Again, liberating! The hard work done and nothing but fun on the horizon!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Go for it! We moved into a small apartment, and it showed us how much "stuff" we could live without. Plus, it made the house we bought in TV seem huge in comparison, even though it's about 1000 sq. ft. smaller than what we had.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:34 PM

Sounds like a good idea for a new club. Visitors and residents can get together somewhere and talk about all this.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.