Narcissistic Husband - coping with

Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Default no purpose???????????

how sad that you even thought that....go volunteer at a hospital or an animal shelter.....

sonja
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post
how sad that you even thought that....go volunteer at a hospital or an animal shelter.....

sonja
Please use the "Quote Post" button so that everyone can tell to whom you are responding.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:27 PM

sonja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHappyHome View Post
I'm the spender husband, my wife the saver wife. Now having said that we just moved here and retired. I noticed a few things. It takes a while to get used to having no purpose in life so having projects can take care of that but cost money.

Talking is good, finding some hobbies that are not too costly would help. Also go on line and find a good Retirement Planner and see where you are in relations to your financial needs. Here is another link for info but if you Google you will find 100's of sites.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Platinum member

Was your husband always a spender or is this something new?
Possibly meeting with a Financial Advisor would help.

I know that "keeping up with the Jones" happens to all age
groups.
That being said, at this age, this is the last thing I care about.
Now our health and wellbeing is my focus.

Cleaning out all the stuff we've acquired throughout our
marriage has cured me from acquiring MORE stuff.

I hope you can rectify your situation happily!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post

sonja
Been 5 months, probably solved by now.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Sage

Some people don't have a concept about money as they tend to spend it all and will keep on looking for to get more, like a reverse mortgage. A friend of mine's dad is in his lat seventies and did spend all his money, took a reverse mortgage and spent that. Now, he s in the fantasy mode because his expects my friend to bail him out, as he is a saver and dad knows he has a few dollars. something is wrong with this picture.

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you have a serious talk with your husband about how you both view money. Some people believe in saving for a rainy and want to leave their kids something. Some people have a let to good times roll type attitude. This can be very stressful until you come to a meeting of the minds and hopefully, that is before you go broke.

I would also suggest that you take control of the finances and put him on a budget before you wind-up in serious financial problems.

There is a saying, "some people look good, smell good and are broke". People need to keep appearance without money are only fooling themselves. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.