new body contours

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Default new body contours

this business, located in the villages, advertises zerona, cold laser treatments for losing stubborn fat from waist, hips and thighs.....sound good, however, after 15 treatments for my stubborn belly fat, i managed to lose one inch!
according to their measurements i had lost a total of over 3 inches, and if so, it was not on my abdomen, which was my target. so after spending over $2000 i was a very unhappy customer. the owner, diana davis, said that she would give me a partial rebate.....that didn't happen....eventually they said there would be no rebate, as according to them, i had reached by goal!
so buyers beware, this procedure is guaranteed, but to do what? and the return of your money is NOT guaranteed....i could not recommend this procedure to anyone, and i have learnt an expensive lesson.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Default nb contours

heard the samething from many friends who did it. Just another EXPENSIVE SCAM...
Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 PM

Sorry for your experience. Questions for everyone: have you tried the body wrap that can purchased on line? If yes, did it work or another scam. Thanks
Old 04-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillallman View Post
this business, located in the villages, advertises zerona, cold laser treatments for losing stubborn fat from waist, hips and thighs.....sound good, however, after 15 treatments for my stubborn belly fat, i managed to lose one inch!
according to their measurements i had lost a total of over 3 inches, and if so, it was not on my abdomen, which was my target. so after spending over $2000 i was a very unhappy customer. the owner, diana davis, said that she would give me a partial rebate.....that didn't happen....eventually they said there would be no rebate, as according to them, i had reached by goal!
so buyers beware, this procedure is guaranteed, but to do what? and the return of your money is NOT guaranteed....i could not recommend this procedure to anyone, and i have learnt an expensive lesson.
I have great trouble understanding how mature aduts can fall for weight loss scams. According to most reputable medical literature, and except for radical surgery , the literature points only to diet and nutrition combine with exercise as effective methods for weight control.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

It's not snake oil and studies have shown it works. Not everyone gets the same results. The low level laser disrupts the membrane of the fat cell causing release of stored lipids. It was approved for this purpose a few years ago by the FDA and before that it had been used "off label".
Old 04-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Here is the scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
It's not snake oil and studies have shown it works. Not everyone gets the same results. The low level laser disrupts the membrane of the fat cell causing release of stored lipids. It was approved for this purpose a few years ago by the FDA and before that it had been used "off label".
There are studies that can "prove" just about anything. This is no exception. I can tell you that about 30% of the people "want" it to work - so they say they "see" improvement. So, here is how it goes: 100 people get the procedures and of those 100, only 30 "think" they can see improvement. They are hard-pressed to say they spent $2000+ unwisely. In reality, very few show substantial results. Also, the long-term effects of the procedure are still unclear. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROCEDURE FOR ANY PATIENT OF MINE. $2000+ is alot of money. This isn't like spending a few bucks for a massage to see how you like it. My patients would expect RESULTS for that kind of money.
Since I have been in this business for almost 20 years, don't waste your money. Liposuction is invasive but very successful. But your best investment IS diet and exercise. For small areas - consider lipo rather than these nearly "charlatan treatments".

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 04-12-2014, 05:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
My understanding is that the FDA does not state that a product will attain the results that the manufacturer or operators claim , only that it is "safe" for use with humans when used in accord within the stipulations and labeling requirments that they have required .

"Caveat Emptor"
Old 04-13-2014, 05:29 PM

I bought a pack of facials from Groupon and they tried to switch me to a more expensive technical facial. Won't do that again!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.