Feeling Happy!

Old 07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Default Feeling Happy!

WOW! Things DO change! I've been off TOTV for a little over 3 months and I checked in today to find that all political comments and/or references are no longer allowed on TOTV!!!!! HOORAY!!! It was getting pretty ugly there for a while and I didn't want to have to wade through all the political "references" to get to non-political postings. Thank you Moderators, or whomever was responsible for this change...much appreciated! Now if only they would do this on FaceBook! LOL!
Old 07-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Veteran member

Agreed
Old 07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzaranti View Post
WOW! Things DO change! I've been off TOTV for a little over 3 months and I checked in today to find that all political comments and/or references are no longer allowed on TOTV!!!!! HOORAY!!! It was getting pretty ugly there for a while and I didn't want to have to wade through all the political "references" to get to non-political postings. Thank you Moderators, or whomever was responsible for this change...much appreciated! Now if only they would do this on FaceBook! LOL!

On facebook, I blocked everyone who were constantly throwing tomatoes at the other party, no matter which party is was. Even family members.

Why do we all think everyone agrees with us politically and are dumb if they don't?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

i have other things on my mind
Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
On facebook, I blocked everyone who were constantly throwing tomatoes at the other party, no matter which party is was. Even family members.

Why do we all think everyone agrees with us politically and are dumb if they don't?
Re: Facebook blocking....you're braver than I am Gracie! I don't want to get ostracized from the family (well....some of it anyway!) LOL!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Political has been gone a long time. First it was removed to a "must sign up" area which actually worked well, but even there it got really bad, so finally eliminated. Think it's been gone about a year?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Sage

Yep, I've been on TOTV over a year and I don't believe I ever saw it.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Personally, I miss the political forum. It is sad that all had to be denied because of a few. In my view those offending members should have been removed from the political forum. For those just viewing well like they say about offending TV programs switch the channel or block the station.

There were a number of posters who had completed their research and cited it before that posted. Political correctness stops a good exchange of differing views and as such the political forum provided an opportunity for those of us who grew up enjoying political debate.

I respect the TOTV position and would not fault them because they were deciding on the broader picture than just the political thread.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 AM

No one knows how to debate...it's a lost art!..(the civil exchange of ideas and opinions). Every one want to convert you to their way of thinking, which in fact, is not thinking at all! "Thinking" is something your brain does to sort through all the facts, hype, misinformation, propaganda, opinions, and, again, facts, then reach a conclusions. Whether you agree or not with whomever you are conversing, you are still entitled to reach your own conclusions and not be subjected to insults, and other derogatory remarks. Since that seems to be incompatible with other views, there is no debate....so why bother in the first place. I'll agree with whatever you are so fanatic about, but keep my own thoughts to myself. That, of course, is just my opinion!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.