We are finally coming down to puchase a home!!!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Sally,
Make sure you checkout the Buttonwood Social Club at www.buttonwoodsocial.com
Chris

Last edited by mrdarcy; 04-03-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: URL fix
Old 04-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
WHEW..... that was close!
Witness Protection Program isn't doing a very good job, it seems.............

Bill
Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I hear you but how do you know that your favorite course is even built yet? There are three more regulation and 8? more execs to be built south of 466A.

Good luck with your search.
Now you are complicating things for me! LOL I'm flexible though so we'll see where things stand in a year!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Default Are you going to use the Relocation service for the Villages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
We are leaving this Friday to travel to TV. We are going to buy a home while we are there. I have a few questions and I know I will get good advise here.

First, what are the pros and cons of Siding vs Stucco. We are leaning to Stucco but there are sure some cute homestyles in siding. What is needed for maintenance on each type. What are the drawbacks. I have heard there is a problem with siding. Does it still exist. I once got lactic acidosis and only had a 1/3 million chance of getting it. If I purchase siding, my house would probably be the one effected. IS this still an issue?

Since our friends are all south of 466 we will probably go that route. I thought it might be advantageous to stay close to Canal Street. Yes or no...or does it matter? Where is the New town square located. I am sure it is on here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Is there anything I can't live without... or will be sorry I did? Golf cart garage or no? Anything I am not thinking of? Thanks in advance. If you see a short, pleasing but quite plump, medium blonde grinning from ear to ear this weekend and the next week, it will be me, Say HI. Sally
Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeann View Post
Salybow is HERE...living right here, now, and that is just great with me 'cause I like her a lot.

We used the relocation service last year when we were evaluating putting our Cincinnati home on the market. It didn't work out, we weren't prepared for how much our home had dropped in value because of this awful recession and just couldn't bring ourselves to list it.... and the two Realtors they picked were great, but not all that happy about splitting commission with The Villages relocation service.

I think we are going to list it anyway soon, and take the loss, because we want to be in TV full time, but we won't ask help from the relocation service. We just didn't see that using them gave us an advantage and sort of deflated our potential Realtors..
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Salybow is HERE...living right here, now, and that is just great with me 'cause I like her a lot.

We used the relocation service last year when we were evaluating putting our Cincinnati home on the market. It didn't work out, we weren't prepared for how much our home had dropped in value because of this awful recession and just couldn't bring ourselves to list it.... and the two Realtors they picked were great, but not all that happy about splitting commission with The Villages relocation service.

I think we are going to list it anyway soon, and take the loss, because we want to be in TV full time, but we won't ask help from the relocation service. We just didn't see that using them gave us an advantage and sort of deflated our potential Realtors..
Gracie:

I am so glad you had this experience with the relocation service as the same thing happened to me. Realtors were great but didn't get the job done, (selling market is bad).

I am now with a local realtor who is charging a lower commission, (1% less), as times are rough for the real estate industry, (there is plenty of competetion).

I have an open house this weekend and I am hoping it sells this time.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Gracie,

Just to let you know we also used TV relo service and we not pleased with the realtors they recomended. Being a mortgage loan officer for 28 years I am very familiar with local realtors in the area and just wanted to see what TV could do for me. Three realtors called me, non from my town, I did meet with them but they were all over the place with a price. Had no clue as to my neighborhood. As you, I did not go with any of them.

So I paid for a "market value" appraisal to get a true value of our home and used that value. Plan was to put our home on the market "For Sale By Owner" for a month or two then if that did not work to put it with a realtor..local that knows the area and sucessful.

The good news is....ta da...I put our lovely home of 19 years on Zillow and Owners .com AND most important a "House For Sale" sign in my window (our kids had a fit saying the sign looked like a condemed sign). Had a contract in 3 days. I did co-op with a realtor. Buyer seen the house on Zillow called her realtor to call me and the story ends CLOSED.

Best news of all we will be in TV on Easter Sunday with a rented 22' truck that will hold all of our wordly goods. Renting for 3 months while our Begonia is being built in St. James and you know the rest. Happily Ever After. And I wish this wish for you and yours.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Gracie,

Just to let you know we also used TV relo service and we not pleased with the realtors they recomended. Being a mortgage loan officer for 28 years I am very familiar with local realtors in the area and just wanted to see what TV could do for me. Three realtors called me, non from my town, I did meet with them but they were all over the place with a price. Had no clue as to my neighborhood. As you, I did not go with any of them.

So I paid for a "market value" appraisal to get a true value of our home and used that value. Plan was to put our home on the market "For Sale By Owner" for a month or two then if that did not work to put it with a realtor..local that knows the area and sucessful.

The good news is....ta da...I put our lovely home of 19 years on Zillow and Owners .com AND most important a "House For Sale" sign in my window (our kids had a fit saying the sign looked like a condemed sign). Had a contract in 3 days. I did co-op with a realtor. Buyer seen the house on Zillow called her realtor to call me and the story ends CLOSED.

Best news of all we will be in TV on Easter Sunday with a rented 22' truck that will hold all of our wordly goods. Renting for 3 months while our Begonia is being built in St. James and you know the rest. Happily Ever After. And I wish this wish for you and yours.
Congratulations Ceegeo,

What wonderful news!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Sage

ceego is another Ohio "deserter". Congrats!!

You're next, gracie!

Bill
Old 04-13-2011, 02:50 PM

We are also from Cincinnati (N. KY) and have purchased a lot in Tamarind Grove. Can't wait to get down there. We are putting our house up on the market on Monday (Apr 18). We have to start building by August. As soon as we close here we will be traveling down to TV to start the build!

They advertise 60 days to build a house...your date of Jul 23 is a bit longer than that...what did they tell you the real story on how long to build? Also, how was the experience selling your house in Cincinnati?

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmanl View Post
We are also from Cincinnati (N. KY) and have purchased a lot in Tamarind Grove. Can't wait to get down there. We are putting our house up on the market on Monday (Apr 18). We have to start building by August. As soon as we close here we will be traveling down to TV to start the build!

They advertise 60 days to build a house...your date of Jul 23 is a bit longer than that...what did they tell you the real story on how long to build? Also, how was the experience selling your house in Cincinnati?

Thanks.
Stockman,

I will follow up with our experence and time frame on doing a build. We will arrive on Easter Sunday, meeting Thursday 28th with the design team to go over all our final pic's on the home. That will go to the design/construction dept for our final contract and put 20% down on Saturday 30th. On the 30th we will sign and give the 20% to start the build. At this signing will will get a closing date. Our realtor said it is 60 to 70 days.

ALSO thank you all TOTV friends for your good wishes for us. Can't wait till the next TOTV meeting in May at Crispers.

Cecelia

Cecelia
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage

stockmanl... hello, neighbor.

We will also be in Tamarind Grove - a cottage home on lot #37 at the east end of Ansley Path. We have sold our house up north (renting now) and plan to begin building in August. It should be done in October when I will retire and we become frogs. That's the plan
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Gracie,

We have just put a deposit on a lot on Barks Dale in St. James. What street will you be on there?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmanl View Post

Thanks.
hi stockmanl.... we picked our upgrades on march 4th for our home in buttonwood... put the 20% down on march 5th and left with a closing date of may 19th (74 days).. they were having a "special sale that weekend" and sold 75 homes in a day and a half so our closing date reflects that... otherwise it would have been close to 60 days.... good luck...
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
We have just put a deposit on a lot on Barks Dale in St. James. What street will you be on there?
Hi Neighbor,

We are lot 80 on Oakcrest Path. House should be done sometime in July do stop in.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.