We are finally coming down to puchase a home!!!!!
Home

Menu

We are finally coming down to puchase a home!!!!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Political Talk Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmanl View Post
We are also from Cincinnati (N. KY) and have purchased a lot in Tamarind Grove. Can't wait to get down there. We are putting our house up on the market on Monday (Apr 18). We have to start building by August. As soon as we close here we will be traveling down to TV to start the build!

They advertise 60 days to build a house...your date of Jul 23 is a bit longer than that...what did they tell you the real story on how long to build? Also, how was the experience selling your house in Cincinnati?

Thanks.
Stockman,

I will follow up with our experence and time frame on doing a build. We will arrive on Easter Sunday, meeting Thursday 28th with the design team to go over all our final pic's on the home. That will go to the design/construction dept for our final contract and put 20% down on Saturday 30th. On the 30th we will sign and give the 20% to start the build. At this signing will will get a closing date. Our realtor said it is 60 to 70 days.

ALSO thank you all TOTV friends for your good wishes for us. Can't wait till the next TOTV meeting in May at Crispers.

Cecelia

Cecelia

Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage

stockmanl... hello, neighbor.

We will also be in Tamarind Grove - a cottage home on lot #37 at the east end of Ansley Path. We have sold our house up north (renting now) and plan to begin building in August. It should be done in October when I will retire and we become frogs. That's the plan
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Gracie,

Just to let you know we also used TV relo service and we not pleased with the realtors they recomended. Being a mortgage loan officer for 28 years I am very familiar with local realtors in the area and just wanted to see what TV could do for me. Three realtors called me, non from my town, I did meet with them but they were all over the place with a price. Had no clue as to my neighborhood. As you, I did not go with any of them.

So I paid for a "market value" appraisal to get a true value of our home and used that value. Plan was to put our home on the market "For Sale By Owner" for a month or two then if that did not work to put it with a realtor..local that knows the area and sucessful.

The good news is....ta da...I put our lovely home of 19 years on Zillow and Owners .com AND most important a "House For Sale" sign in my window (our kids had a fit saying the sign looked like a condemed sign). Had a contract in 3 days. I did co-op with a realtor. Buyer seen the house on Zillow called her realtor to call me and the story ends CLOSED.

Best news of all we will be in TV on Easter Sunday with a rented 22' truck that will hold all of our wordly goods. Renting for 3 months while our Begonia is being built in St. James and you know the rest. Happily Ever After. And I wish this wish for you and yours.
We have just put a deposit on a lot on Barks Dale in St. James. What street will you be on there?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmanl View Post
We are also from Cincinnati (N. KY) and have purchased a lot in Tamarind Grove. Can't wait to get down there. We are putting our house up on the market on Monday (Apr 18). We have to start building by August. As soon as we close here we will be traveling down to TV to start the build!

They advertise 60 days to build a house...your date of Jul 23 is a bit longer than that...what did they tell you the real story on how long to build? Also, how was the experience selling your house in Cincinnati?

Thanks.
hi stockmanl.... we picked our upgrades on march 4th for our home in buttonwood... put the 20% down on march 5th and left with a closing date of may 19th (74 days).. they were having a "special sale that weekend" and sold 75 homes in a day and a half so our closing date reflects that... otherwise it would have been close to 60 days.... good luck...
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
We have just put a deposit on a lot on Barks Dale in St. James. What street will you be on there?
Hi Neighbor,

We are lot 80 on Oakcrest Path. House should be done sometime in July do stop in.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
Love the street name!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 PM

Hello! I won't be retiring for another five years but have begun to "dream" of my future retirement home, which just may be in TV! My question is, is it advantageous to buy a pre-exisiting home? I'm one of those people who likes to get as much bang as I can for my buck and it looks like there are a number of homes for sale in TV with nice upgrades, "mature" landscaping, paid off bonds, etc... Is buying pre-owned something anyone on here has done is happy that they did? I've never bought a new home in the past, so buying new isn't important to me. I'd love to hear your opinions! Thanks and maybe I'll see you in another five years!