A Bible Verse Close to my Heart

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default A Bible Verse Close to my Heart

Matthew 6:1-4New International Version (NIV)

Giving to the Needy
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Old 10-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post

Giving to the Needy
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
One of mine too. Thank you Joyce.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post

Giving to the Needy

Mrs Joyce if your selected Bible Verse was in a weapon I wonder who it would be pointed at? You made my day . The true gift of helping another is to do it and keep it to yourself. Excellent post.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Closed Thread

Tags
needy, reward, father, hand, secret

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.