Catholic Churches

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Thanks for this information on the various churches ...
When I have my Catholic friends visit,I will have them read the comments for their interest.
I am still looking for a church too... HE will direct me eventually ....
Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

. the new building is simple and so far i miss the statues etc but maybe that will come...[/QUOTE]

Last Sunday, Fr Peter informed us that they are waiting for the statues. They are coming from Italy
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Location: New York, New Jersey and now The Villages (Virginia Trace)

I am so happy the new church finally opened its doors. My youngest daughter and her three children were here for the opening weekend last Sunday and they loved it and there was plenty of room. My granddaughter, Shannon, age 9, was thrilled to read the words on the large screen and she sang her heart out. We sat in the second pew over on the left side and there was a screen right in front of is. I have tried all three churches and I really do like St. Vincent de Paul. My sister and her husband belong there so that did factor into my decision. My cousins go to St. Marks and they are happy there. And I have friends who go to St. Timothy's and they love it there. So to each his own. I just hope that when everyone returns we will still have enough seating at St. Vincent's.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Went to the Consecration of new Church Wednesday. Crowded as usual. Bishop consecrated the Church, offered a special Mass of Consecration. The statues of Mary and St. Joseph were in place. Fr. Pietro was working on getting all in place for the Consecration, said the statues and the rest come later. Bad part is still parking. We who live North have to park in the grass, the parking lot cars must head South towards CR 466A.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmpat View Post
While St. Vincent de Paul's was under construction, we decided to try to attend St. Mark's. I found the church to be beautiful and very spacious. There was never a problem to find a parking space when the snowbirds came back.We always had to fight for a space at St. Vincent's. Some mornings we had to leave 40 minutes earlier just to get to church on time. There were times we had to sit outside on those very uncomfortable blue plastic chairs. Now that the new Church is opened we will try and go back to St. Vincent's starting tomorrow. We plan on going to the noon mass. I do realize that parking is limited at St. Vincent's as it doesn't look like the parking lot can accommodate all the cars but we will go and try it. We did feel like St. Mark's was a good fit for us and we enjoyed all the sermons. The choir director at St. Mark's has a beautiful voice and we love the song selection he sings. St. Mark's is much further away like 25 minutes away.. We did attend this church for 5 months.
We are fortunate to have three Catholic Churches in relative proximity. This allows for worship for the diverse audience. Again "seek and ye shall find" a home for your spiritual needs. But note the attendance does change as the season progresses.
Easter is much more crowded than the Christmas Masses for example.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Default St. Vincent DePaul

Well we have gone back to St. Vincent de Paul. We left our house at 9:35 am for the 10 am mass and driving down Powell Ave we had to wait a few minutes to get inside of the parking lot and as usual it was very crowded but we found a spot to park. When we walked inside the church the first time, I found it to be very plain and we were stuck in the back of the church. The sound system was not great and we couldn't hear the priests or the lecturers doing the sermons. We had difficulty seeing the screens to read the music as the hanging lights obstructed the view of both screens.. If you have a tall person in front of you in a pew, then you can't see anything at all. I was told the church holds 1600 people. Last Sunday was the exact same thing, stuck in the back. I didn't get to see the statues. When you are in the back, you don't see anything. I thought the sound system would have improved but not yet. I do like the seats and the pews. They are very comfortable. What I liked about St Mark's is the floor was on a slant in and you could actually see everything up at the altar. With St. Vincent's de Paul it was all one way hard for viewing. I have noticed people are dressing up nicer at church which is important. It shows respect for God and his church. Patti
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.