Charismatic and Spirit Filled opportunities

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Default Charismatic and Spirit Filled opportunities

I am new to The Villages and in search of a Charismatic/Spirt led worship experience and welcome feedback from others that may provide insight and suggestions where such a church exists in The Villages or within reasonable commuting distance of The Villages.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 PM

I would suggest Grace Tabernacle which is located on Rte. 468 in Wildwood. They have a website which is Gracetab.org. Gary Washburn is a great pastor and the church is spirit filled and has a magnificent praise and worship team
Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Here's a link for you:

Charismatic Central - Florida Assembly of God Church Directory N-Z

There are Assembly of God Churches in Belleview, Fruitland Park, Lady Lake, Oxford, and Wildwood. All are close to The Villages.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Veteran member

Try Unity of The Villages - very spirit led. Great folks. Small church community.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Sage
Default thurs meeting

there is a fine charismatic group which meets every thurs night at st vincent de paul catholic church in wildwood, on 462. very welcoming and spiritual.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Sage

Calvary Chapel has a new church start in The Villages....they're looking for a permenent place to worship as they grow!! NOT sure where they're worshipping at the moment.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM

Hi Joe and God bless you. Good luck in finding such a church. most of the churches here i noticed for the past 7 years are very 'traditional' hon. we are from the jewish roots and came to a born again spiritual awareness of Christ in our lives.hubby and myself ..over 35 years. ago praise God. used to go to an assemblies of God church in salt lake city of all places years ago ..haha God works in mysterious ways. i miss messianic fellowship and also spirit filled fellowship. especially praise and worship. i keep praying God will open a door even for just a small fellowhip inside someones home here in the villages. if you are interested in meeting...or fellowshipping ..our hearts and home are open. marlene arnie meltzer 352 633 2246 , marlenem_55@yahoo.com ..thanks for reading this ...God bless.
JESUS IS LORD AMEN
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 AM

We are new to the Villages as of this summer and visited 9 churches before plugging in at The Father's House in Leesburg (13 miles from Pennecamp). We did visit Grace Tabernacle twice and liked it very much as well. They both have small groups.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 AM

joe theres an aog assemblies of God church i believe in leesburg..outside the villages that is 'charasmatic. we used to to one in salt lake city that was very spirit filled but i sure wish we could get something right here in the villages , a prayer group and fellowship going..for those of a like minded heart ...plse pray about God knitting some of us together here in the villages to pray for one another .laying on of hands...for healing etc etc. I dont want to play church i want to be the church....cell groups..are great..if they are led by the spirit. write me if you are interested in setting something up..in the villages. what is the worst that can happen? no one will come. lol God bless you joe..thanks for reading this. marlene and arnie in lynnhaven
Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Calvary Chapel has a new church start in The Villages....they're looking for a permenent place to worship as they grow!! NOT sure where they're worshipping at the moment.
Greetings,

Do you happen to know if Calvary Chapel started a work in or near the Villages, and if so, where?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Sage

Mentioning a few churches I've visited: Oxford Assembly of God, the Father's House, Lessburg, Grace Tabernacle, addressed Wildwood, located a few miles east of Brownswood and south of 44.

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 09-10-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

yes there is a Calvary Chapel....it is off 466a I think, didn't get to attend but did meet upwith some great ladies from there. I would definitley check it out....BTW there is a Ladies Bible Study led my a Messianic Jew at Odell and they are all associated with this church!!

Help me out you frogs!!!Can't quite remember where it is exactly.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Veteran member

Villages Campus of Calary Chapel (Ft.Lauderdale) is at 1308 Cleveland Ave, (aka Rt 466A Sun@10a, 352-350-1655, Villages@CalvaryFTL.org Be Blessed!!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Our Catholic Church back in Ohio has had the Christ Renews His Parish retreat circling for many years and it has had huge envolvement and it was and is embraced by many. (It was a church with huge membership.) Plus I thought it was good for our souls and spirits.

A local Episcopal Church near us in Ohio also did this retreat and we would sometimes have people from their church and they would have people from ours.

I wish they had a little more spirited music at St. Timothy's once in awhile, but I think the traditionalists would vote me down.

I found a link showing a bit about Christ Renews His Parish. It is very hard to explain but the retreat and the six month of sharing and bonding with my group was a wonderful and life changing experience.
http://www.christrenewshisparish.info/crhp.php

It was amazing. I still have wonderful friends from this experience that we shared.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 AM

I've searched the area over and haven't found anything. Grace Tab is good but too far away for me. AG and Catholic don't appeal to me. I've tried them all. Oh, for a good old fashioned, Holy Ghost revival in our land and especially in the Villages. I started out my walk at Melodyland Christian Center in Anaheim, Ca and Calvary Chapel in Ca in 1970 during the Charismatic Renewel or the "Jesus Freaks" Revival. Thousands baptised every month. Every language you can imagine spoken, services that lasted several hours and when you came out you had to shout and share the gospel. I believe it will happen again soon only in a much larger way!! Richard
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.