churches

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Default churches

We will be staying in Liberty Park during our next visit and would like to know what Catholic Churches are in the vicinity. :dontknow:

HB&M

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often
Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Default Re: churches

St. Vincent dePaul is the closest to you. South on Buena Vista to 466-A. Turn right and go about 2 miles to 462 and turn right again. Church is on left about 3/4 of a mile.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:59 PM

wav wav mallory, thanks for the info. we will be down for a 3 week visit in October and celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often
Old 08-29-2008, 07:17 PM

When I came down for my preview, my sister and I stayed in a home in Liberty Park. We went to St. Timothy's the first Sunday and couldn't believe how crowded the church was. While driving around and exploring the area, we can upon St. Vincent de Paul's church in Wildwood off of 466A. We loved it and when we come down for a visit we go to that church. HOWEVER, last March, I noticed that they were having a building fund. I asked around and was told that they are expanding and will probably be bigger than St. Timothy's. Wow! It is a very nice church and I will still go there. I am coming back in October for 1 week's visit and will see how the building fund is coming. Have a great stay in Liberty Park. JanetandCarol
Old 08-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I read somewhere that St. Timothy's is the largest Catholic parish in the state of Florida and people go an hour before Mass to get a parking space. That is really something if you ask me. I am a Catholic by birth, and of course that means I will always be one in my heart. But I attend church sporadically. So if you're going, say one for me.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:29 PM

It will be my pleasure( :
Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 PM

It's a Catholic Church so you know there is almost always a building fund. Actually it's coming along well and the second collection at each Mass is for the building fund. Pledges are always welcome.

The new church will seat 1,700. St. Mark's Catholic Church on the north side of The Villages is also building with a church of 1,500 to 1,700 planned.

When visiting St. Vincent's, don't think you're in the wrong church when Fr. Peter, the pastor, starts talking about his grandchildren. His was a late vocation and was an engineer (mechanical, I think) before entering the priesthood.

Dominus vobiscum!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 PM

We attend St. Vincent de Paul in Wildwood for the Sunday 5:45 mass. I don't know your taste in music, but this is the only contemporary mass there. The cantor is a pianist with another piano player, a clarinet, a bass, harmonica and usually a guitar or two. It truly is a joyous celebration, hope you can visit with us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.