churches below 466A

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Default churches below 466A

Hi,

Are there any churches below 466A that you can drive your golf car to? I live on Allaire Loop in Fernandina. I realize you can drive your golf car to Spanish Springs if you want but looking for a church closer to our home. Thanks much, Nancy
Old 07-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Sage

Nope
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 AM

New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by Brownwood.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Sage

Live Oaks Community Church meets in the Wildwood Country Resorts rec building. Go straight south on Buena Vista to the stop-light and the resort is across 44 right there. BUT you have to have a street legal golf-cart to get there. Otherwise go to www.liveoakschurch.org and ask if there is anyone you could catch a ride with.

The church is friendly, is Bible-based preaching (the inerrant word of God) and meets at 9:30 on Sunday.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy03743 View Post
Hi,

Are there any churches below 466A that you can drive your golf car to? I live on Allaire Loop in Fernandina. I realize you can drive your golf car to Spanish Springs if you want but looking for a church closer to our home. Thanks much, Nancy
We just moved into Abana Path in Fernandina this past week and attended the Fairway Christian Church on 466 East of Morse Blvd. Sunday. We drove our golf cart there (took about 25 minutes) It's a beautiful beautiful ride!
We enjoyed the service very much.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church is close to the government building/ library on 466A/ Sweetbay but not golf cart accessible. It is across the road and a short distance down a road. It used to be G.C. accessible from Tamarind Grove and they closed off the construction entrance....if I remember correctly.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Platinum member

[quote=Weathernut35;700822]New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by

Churches Web Site. http://www.newcovenantumc-fl.org/
Tampa, FL
Old 07-01-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
We just moved into Abana Path in Fernandina this past week and attended the Fairway Christian Church on 466 East of Morse Blvd. Sunday. We drove our golf cart there (took about 25 minutes) It's a beautiful beautiful ride!
We enjoyed the service very much.
Thanks to everyone who replied. Michinganders, this is good to know. I will check it out. I also want to check out New Covenant especially if it is opening in Brownwood somewhere. When I went to see Don Piper this past May at New Covenant I was extremely impressed with the parking attendants. They were parking cars & having fun doing it. It was very refreshing watching them park people & seeing them having fun at the same time.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM

[quote=Avista;700900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathernut35 View Post
New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by

Churches Web Site. New Covenant United Methodist Church
Thanks for the website Avista. I checked it out and I see where Signature Sounds guys were there on July 28th. I love that group. I will check this church out too when they come to Brownwood. I am so glad they will have a second location.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
St. Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church is close to the government building/ library on 466A/ Sweetbay but not golf cart accessible. It is across the road and a short distance down a road. It used to be G.C. accessible from Tamarind Grove and they closed off the construction entrance....if I remember correctly.
St. Vincent is a GREAT Catholic parish! Will be even BETTER when new church is occupied in the spring of 2014.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

We moved here 6 1/2 years ago. New Covenant organized small groups by neighborhoods. Six years later I am still with this wonderful group,of women.
Tampa, FL
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you very much for the info. I thought all there was was St. Timothy by Spanish Springs and that's far from Gilchrist.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Default New Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathernut35 View Post
New Covenant United Methodist Church is opening a second location down by Brownwood.
I'm the pastor of the New Lake Deaton Campus for New Covenant UMC and we are getting ready to begin to worship and have several gatherings this fall. Hope you can come and visit us.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM

I'm the pastor of the New Lake Deaton Campus for New Covenant UMC and we are getting ready to begin to worship and have several gatherings this fall. Hope you can come and visit us.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:17 PM

As of now there are no churches south of 466A but we are building the only church that is going to be there. Starting in October we will be meeting in rec centers below 466a. We will be building shortly but it will be completed in 2 years and it will be golf cart accessible. It will be called Lake Deaton UMC. It is going to be an extension of New Covenant UMC.
at the water tower on Buena Vista go 3/4 around the rotary and it will be down at the bend in the road. We have a cross erected at the property.

Please come and join us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.