Contemporary Services

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Default Contemporary Services

We will be making our permanent move to the Village at the end of the month. I would like to find a church that is bible-based with contemporary services. The church I attend now is a Christ and Christian Union church. Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Sage

I can recommend two. The 1st is Village View (Church of God) in Summerfield. They have ads in the Sat. paper. Sermons are topical and follow much of what Saddleback Church does (if you're familiar with that church in CA).

The other is Live Oaks Community Church which meets just across from Brownwood. (Evangelical Free Church of America). The sermons with this one are Bible-based. Also has an ad in the Sat. paper.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to Culvers2Villages

GRACE TABERNACLE... We have been in The Villages for over 10 years... We have attended 2 other churches... Love them and love the people... BUT, if you are looking for a Spirit-filled Worship and Preaching... Grace Tabernacle is the place. The Sweet Aroma of Heaven in every Worship Service and Pastor Gary Washburn teaching the Word with Fresh - Deep Revelation... God Bless You in your search...
Old 03-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Sage

If you're looking for a contemporary service with sermons directly from the Bible (not topical)...visit Live Oaks Community Church. They are located at the southern end of Buena Vista (crossing over hwy 44) near Brownwood. Two services...9 a.m. and 10:45. This coming Sunday both services are combining for a celebration at the Savannah Center. I believe this service will be at 9:00....look for the ad in Saturday's paper though. Also there is a website you can check on. Sermons are on YouTube if you want to get a "flavor" of what to expect.

LOCC is a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Expository Preaching

Maybe this is the same thoughts and maybe not.

Is there any Expository Preaching Pastors out there? (You know, ones that go verse by verse through an entire book of the Bible without skipping the difficult passages and/or not just ones that just stick to topical sermons?)

May be nothing wrong with the others just used to Teaching Pastors of this type.

Also I have found contemporary to mean different things to different people. For some it means singing songs not in the hymnal even if they are 30-40 years old and for some it may mean more of a pentecostal type service.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

Here'sa bump for Labsx2
Old 03-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Maybe this is the same thoughts and maybe not.

Is there any Expository Preaching Pastors out there? (You know, ones that go verse by verse through an entire book of the Bible without skipping the difficult passages and/or not just ones that just stick to topical sermons?)

May be nothing wrong with the others just used to Teaching Pastors of this type.

Also I have found contemporary to mean different things to different people. For some it means singing songs not in the hymnal even if they are 30-40 years old and for some it may mean more of a pentecostal type service.
Live Oaks Community Church has Expository preaching! The music is blended (some contemporary, some hymns) with a worship leader. You can PM me if you want more information, but as I said in a previous post you can go to their website info@liveoakschurch.org You can do a search on there and maybe your questions will be answered. They also have a link where you can listen to the previous sermons....by either of the 2 pastors. Hope this is helpful to you.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I would like to recommend First Baptist Church of The Villages. Excellent music and Pastor Bob Perry is excellent! I haven't fallen asleep once this year!!!
Check them out @ fbcvillages.org You can even get their service on line if you can't make the service.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM

Try Fairway Christian Church on 466 east of Morse Blvd.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Default Great Church for your consideration

I suggest you check out Church@TheSprings: https://www.talkofthevillages.com-ne...20/omg-107225/

- Solid teaching
- Killer CONTEMPORARY music (and YES it is loud)
- Main campus is in Ocala (2 additional sites, and expanding)
-- The Villages Campus is located at:

1601 Tracy Ave. Lady Lake, FL 32159
Service & Times:
Sunday, 9:30am & 11:15am
Old 04-22-2014, 06:41 AM

The Garden Worship Center, 7655 South East 126th. Place in Belleview just off of 27/441 near Market of Marion. Pastor Norman Lee Schaffer
Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00. Try it once and you will know if it is for you. The sermons are impacting and stay with you throughout the week. The music is uplifting and inspiring. And definitely no sleeping during these services.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 PM

Check out Grace Tabernacle - one of a kind Spirit-filled - led and directed church. From Brownswood take Hwy 44 like you are going to Leesburg and turn right on Hwy 468 go one mile and GT is on the left - Sunday at 10 a.m. You will be glad you found home.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.